Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

life partner doesnt find dreads attractive

maisy ward
@maisy-ward
14 years ago
2 posts
so i've been working on dreading my air now for about two weeks and i think my life partner finally realized im serious about growing dreads because today he set me down and told me that he really doesnt find them attractive...wow i was shocked because i feel so opposit about it but i love him and i want him to find me attractive shit i can still comb them out but now i have to ask myself if i want to?
updated by @maisy-ward: 02/14/15 06:36:18AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u dont want toif the dreads matter then how strongs the relationship?think about thisnobody would find hideos scars attractive but if your hideosly scared wouldnt yopu want someone whod love you anyway?on the same note you mighyt find tatoos make u happy wouldnt u want someone whosd love u because u are happy not just cause u have no tatoos?what if you had a child and gained 100 pounds? wouldnt u still desserve the same love?if you give up youur dreads for him you give up ypurself for a man.. the man should want you to be yourself should suport you in finding your path.. and it shouldnt matter 1 bit if he thinks its attractibe ot notate u gonna dress the way he wants?shave your pubesds if he wantschange your religion if he wants?wear makeup if he wants?fuck that he either loves you for who you are ot...he doesnt love you...he loves who he wants u to be..tell him your not attracted to people without dreads ask him if that would make him dread..whats fair is fair you will comb out if he will dreadeither he sees past the dreads and is attracted to the real person within or the whole relationsjhips a shallow lieyou are not your hairyou are not your bodyyou are your soulattraction to a soul mate is attraction to the soulif weight hair health looks matter so much that hed complain about what you do with your body then thats probably all that matters to himhe must respect your life choices..its your life..u live your life for you its up to him to want to share in your life or live his own seperately..acceop or not he has no right to expect u to not live your life your way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok who here wants to line up to date this sweet beautiful dready? if he cant get past the dreads... well you'll have a few hundred dreadies to choose from who will love your dreads

--
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Man, SE...you couldn't have said it any better! You know what my husband of 18 years said when I said I was dreading? "Dreadlocks will be so sexy..cuz they will be on you!" "Nuff said!
DreadfulTravis
@dreadfultravis
14 years ago
44 posts
Really, you just have to decide how important your life partner is to you.In my opinion, if he's your so called "Life Partner" he'd understand and support you. (No Offense) Just ask yourself what's more important, your love or your dreadlock journey.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
your dreads will be with you all your lifetheres no such guarantee with a guyif u dont dread you'll regret it foreverif u dread and he leaves u u will always find another

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
love u knotty :) well saidu should be able to communicate about itbutu should not change you just to fit his idea of attractivenessbe strong be proudhis approval doesnt matterat the end of the day..you gotta live with youyou may want to live with him..but u dont gotta..but..you cannot escape living with you..so be the you that makes you feel like you

--
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
I pretty much agree with all that has been said. Especially with SE said about what him wanting you to be. you should really take heed to the words spoken and sit your husband down and try to talk to him about this. :]
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
yeah SE really couldnt have said that any better....i had dreads for a long time...i shaved my head for personal reasons knowing full well that i woulds dread again....i met a guy we started dating i told him at some point that i used to have dreads and fully planned to grow them back he said that was awful and we wouldnt be together if he had met me when i had dreads honestly i didnt think much of this i sorta brushed it off like yeah right....worst mistake of my life...soon enough i moved across the state to live with him and found i was no longer allowed to wear make up...or the clothes i usually wore...he was constantly telling me there was something wrong with me soon i was not allowed to leave the house....then i wasnt allowed to use the phone without him present.....i became a prisoner so did my 6 yr old child....he destroyed us both....my point is dont brush this off it may mean more than u think it does...power makes people crazy and if he has the power to make u change yourself for him it will only get worse! i suggest u sit down and find out if its the messy hair hes worried about or if hes telling you his love for u has stipulations because love is unconditional and if you comb your hair mark my words its the beggining of the end
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
i too agree, with both SE and Knotty..... agree, maybe he dont really know about dreads, not that this shoulld be an issue cause like se said he should love you for you, but maybe sit him down and show him some of the lovely ladies on here with long beautiful locks.....just plain sexy.... like RAE, NaturalWomyn, Dawnmarie Currier, Pixie,, just to name a few, so many others.... i have no word for the beauty these ladies have. you cant look at some of these fine ladies on here and not think dreads are sexy.......... or you just plain crazy...........
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form