Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

natural vs. do it yourself

JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
for those of you who has done there dreads theirselves one time then re did them naturaly which would you say was a more rewarding expierence? which tim did you like the results more? and which way would you recommend over the other and why???
updated by @jahwillprovide: 01/13/15 08:43:45PM
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
obviously going natural is less damaging on your hair than installing dreads with any other given method, but I prefer to TnR and then let em go wild, I think its a provides me with a bit of instant gratification, but still allows me to enjoy the process following.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well neither of u went natural b4 so your giving your opinion on your method not answering the question as askedi also only went natural and theres no way in hell id ever go any way but natural..butagain thats not answering the questionhowever nicole 4 instance had em crocheted and combed out to go naturali know shed really recomend that naturals the way to gohowever i do think this should be left to be answered by those who did try diferent ways natural vs made and not just posting theyre opinions based on what they did..unless they did try both

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
14 years ago
59 posts
I dont know how my hair would do going *Totally* natural - its SO straight and tangle free nornally - but I do wish I had tried t&r. out of all the times I've helped encourage dreads to start, I haven't used that method - for some reason I'm all thumbs when I try and can't get it to work. Are there any good video tutorials for this?Jenn
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ah i see so your saying u like the natural over t&r even tho both were pretty much same jpurney i got yajenn theres a vid in the featured vids and a good guide over there--->

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha no all opinions are great i was just thinking would be good if he got opinions of ppl who had done it both ways too..lolbut u sorta did both ways in 1 trip so your opinion was very valid bobbi blaine said:
nevermind, you are right SE... i should have never given my opinion...

--
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Yep. I had crochet for 9 days. I loved them at first. On day 4 I found this site. From there on I just got more and more antsy about them. I felt like a fake. Much like I felt when I dyed my hair a dark brown (Im naturally a blonde). It felt phony and unnatural. My dreads AND my inner self.On day 9, I took all the crochet out. Took me 3 days. It hurt like hell. I lost tons of hair. Im now on Day 56 of Natural.To answer your question. Natural. 100% totally more rewarding. It 'feels' right. It feels good. It feels Natural. I would never recommend anything but. Honestly, not even TnR. soaringeagle said:
well neither of u went natural b4 so your giving your opinion on your method not answering the question as asked
i also only went natural and theres no way in hell id ever go any way but natural..
but

again thats not answering the question

however nicole 4 instance had em crocheted and combed out to go natural
i know shed really recomend that naturals the way to go

however i do think this should be left to be answered by those who did try diferent ways natural vs made and not just posting theyre opinions based on what they did..unless they did try both
Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
14 years ago
59 posts
thanks SE I'll check it out :)Watching this discussion with interest...Jenn soaringeagle said:
ah i see so your saying u like the natural over t&r even tho both were pretty much same jpurney i got ya

jenn theres a vid in the featured vids and a good guide over there--->
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form