Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just sharing the happiness :) almond oil for crochet dreads recovery

karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Ive been letting my crochet made dreads relax and loosen up for the last while. The other night i added almond oil to my hair to help them with the unravelling process...i wish i had a good camera because ive got SOOOO much loose hair its awesome...and my dreads were disappearing under the loose hair, its really funny to dread in reverse!So, I saw an awesome yellow hat dead cheap and I bought it, its light enough to wear in the super hot heat here and Im really excited about what my dreads will do next.There are some interesting loops and kinks happening and two guys KEEP congoing so i might let them at it lolToday...even though they look insane...i LOVE my dreads :)Karen
updated by @karen: 01/13/15 08:43:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
lets seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeei bet they smell amnazing toostop droolingthey are less edible then u think

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Hi :)Well, ive been playing with my hair a lot so that has been helping. What I did was a put almond oil in my hands and massaged it into my hair, there are some dreads that have hairs that are super tight so i massaged it more in these areas.Then I went to bed :) I washed it with Baking Soda the next morning, and apple cider vinegar to help more with the unravelling.im not completely taking mine out and they are doing a lot of the unravelling themselves, though...almond oil is fairly good for you hair so you could do it a few times :)By the way, i buy mine in a veggetarian co-op theres 4-5 types, most are mad expensive but this is a couple of euro :) dreadymom marla said:
interesting. so how much almond oil did you use?? and what exactly did you do. did you use the oil and play with it a bit or just rinse it out after a bit of time??
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
I dont think they can totally unravel unless you brush them out :) dreadymom marla said:
thanks for the info. i will have to keep it in mind. not sure what i wanna do. i dont think i want them to totally unravel.

karen said:
Hi :)
Well, ive been playing with my hair a lot so that has been helping. What I did was a put almond oil in my hands and massaged it into my hair, there are some dreads that have hairs that are super tight so i massaged it more in these areas.

Then I went to bed :) I washed it with Baking Soda the next morning, and apple cider vinegar to help more with the unravelling.

im not completely taking mine out and they are doing a lot of the unravelling themselves, though...almond oil is fairly good for you hair so you could do it a few times :)

By the way, i buy mine in a veggetarian co-op theres 4-5 types, most are mad expensive but this is a couple of euro :)

dreadymom marla said:
interesting. so how much almond oil did you use?? and what exactly did you do. did you use the oil and play with it a bit or just rinse it out after a bit of time??
Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
14 years ago
59 posts
this is interesting. I was wondering what I could do to help soften up the crocheted parts of my locks, they get rough when you do that. I'll hafta try it.how old are your locks, karen?Jenn
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
very young :) got them made three months ago...havent maintained either. I found that the baking soda apple cider vinegar REALLY helped my dreads relax and feel MUCH softer :) Jennifer Rose said:
this is interesting. I was wondering what I could do to help soften up the crocheted parts of my locks, they get rough when you do that. I'll hafta try it.

how old are your locks, karen?

Jenn
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Um. PICS?!?!?!??!?! Please :)
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
If you go to my page you can see some :) I have a pretty slow internet connection today so i cant upload sorry :) Nicole said:
Um. PICS?!?!?!??!?! Please :)
Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
14 years ago
59 posts
I did a bs wash followed by acv after a couple days ago and it does seem to soften them up a lot. They get fluffier - I don't have wax in my dreads but I still notice a difference. Another thing that helped was the moisture/strengthening herbal soak i made (its on my etsy shop) it has herbs in it that soften and strengthen hair, since it's only a tea soak it doesn't leave buildup like conditioner or "dread butta" would lol. I use that every couple of weeks.Jenn
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form