Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Going for a job interview today.

DreadfulTravis
@dreadfultravis
14 years ago
44 posts
Well, I'm heading over for a job interview, my dreads are in the early stages so you can about imagine what they look like. Do you think I'll get hired? It's a desk job working for a telemarketing organization. I'll let you know what happens when I get home.
updated by @dreadfultravis: 01/13/15 08:43:41PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Good luck!!!:)I don't know if you'll get hired, hopefully they'll hire you for your skill and not reject you for your look.
Alex Angam
@alex-angam
14 years ago
47 posts
If you are working over a phone, most companies don't care as long as you are the right candidate. You just need to be qualified and professional, your hair should not be an issue for this type of job.
DreadfulTravis
@dreadfultravis
14 years ago
44 posts
Thank you Paula :) and it turns out the interview went great! I'll know for sure whether I'm hired or not as soon as tomorrow, but no later than Friday. I asked her right out and out about the dreads and she said they're just fine as long as they're neat looking so that's awesome news. I do unfortunately have to take out my facial piercings, but it's a small price to pay for a job right? haha. It's kinda weird it turns out they do have a dress code there, no blue jeans or t-shirts or tanktops. They call it "Business Casual Attire." haha go figure!
Arturis Static
@arturis-static
14 years ago
51 posts
I have a desk job (on some days) and well I work for a Texas public college, and My dreads are 8 years old. So it depends on the type of environment and job.My guess is that if it was more of a strict-corporate type of job, the dreadlocks would be considered "unprofessional" looking depending on the length I guess.Sucks majorly!!Good luck !!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form