Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Day one of dreads 1/4 done doing twist and rip, what do you think?

Sadie
@sadie
14 years ago
5 posts
im still parinoid about the fuzziness, because if it doesnt stays like this i might cry, any hints on how long til it all starts to go together?

updated by @sadie: 02/04/18 01:44:24AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
find and read the thread in featured discussions called "dreading the 1st weeks of dreading"dont worry about a thing just give em time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
Looking totally normal to me:)2nding congrats on the new dreads!
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Congrats on starting your journey! One thing I can tell you, it won't stay just like that. Dreads are a thing of nature, and nature is always changing. So you can definitely expect some change. Unfortunately (or possibly fortunately, depending on how much you like surprises) we can't tell you how fast they will change or how. However, if you want some idea as to what changes you may experience having started with t&r, you can check out my timeline. I just hit one year a few days ago, but have the pictures updated up to month 11.
BeeSaav
@beesaav
14 years ago
28 posts
okay the first thing i have to say is dreads , especially twist and rip look AWESOME in the begining, but im about to set you up for tears, they will unravel and loosen up a bit.thats what they do, and you should love them that way.they will do what they want and lock up on their own time.keyword:timeits going to take alot of time for them to look super sweetso dont worry about that stuffdreads will be dreadsdont worry about them they know what theyre doing
colbi godlove
@colbi-godlove
14 years ago
48 posts
I've been doing nothing but washing for 6 months, i like all natural neglect dreads, but its just my naturalist philosophy. Peace and blessings, you already got sweet dreads.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
I couldn't have said it better. Your hair type is really what matters in this regard.If you have any amount of matted knotting you have a dreadlock or dreadlocks.Expect them to go through a series of changes. Be patient with yourself. Knottysleeves said:
Congrats on the new dreads!

How long until they lock up for real? Could be days... could be weeks... could be months. Everyone's different. Just keep them clean & separated, they'll develop on their own schedule. As it should be.
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
Congratulations :DYour dreadlocks are looking greatDon't worry about the fuzziness, it's completely natural and the truth it, it probably looks fuzzier to you than it does to other people.When i first started dreading, i was very paranoid about every little change and every little loose hair, but trust me, that all goes away and you will love the dreads with the most personality even more than the rest
Dragonfly
@dragonfly
14 years ago
47 posts
They look great! I just finished TnR'ing my hair on Monday. Check out my pics if you want a comparison, mine are totally fuzzy too.
Jaquerian McCain
@jaquerian-mccain
14 years ago
45 posts
Absolutely beautiful!!!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form