Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The Social haters of dreads

Skye Taylor
@skye-taylor
14 years ago
9 posts
so...has anyone ever had the problem of people making fun of your attempt at dreads? 1st day of school today...i got a load of shit from everyone. i also got the YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO SHAVE YOUR HEAD shit and the what? those are NOT dreads. fail. shit. ive had my dreads since may but my hairs so thin its been taking awhile to dread. i thought i had reached the point in my dread journey where i was in complete acceptance of how my hair looked and didnt care what people thought of me, but today proved me wrong.
updated by @skye-taylor: 02/14/15 05:34:54AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
people are idiots and people in school are even worsejust if they say those arent dreads..fail.. pinch theyre hair and say those arent either so whos the failure and walk awayits all jealousy u knowthey arent brave enough to not conform so anyone whos not a mindless clone gets all the negative attentionu should be proud for not being like them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Skye Taylor
@skye-taylor
14 years ago
9 posts
that made me feel a lot better, today was rough thanks :)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
aww I'm sorry you had a bad day. PLEASE don't let those ignorant fuc*ers make you feel ANYTHING! I had my first set of dreads my senior year of high school. It was a small school too so everybody knew each other! we had only 200 kids in 9-12th grade. Luckily it was an "alternative learning" college prep HS and even though I was the only kid with dreads it wasn't too big a deal (at least to my face!!LOL). But I knew people were judging me for them and even now at 27 when I volunteer at my kids school I know what the PTA yuppie mom's are thinking! The best thing to do is carry yourself with all the confidence in the world, stand tall with your head held high, remind yourself that you are *Beautiful* Inside & Out and don't even allow those fools to effect one single thought in your mind. Many Blessings
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
That is the ignorance filter at it's best...if someone is only going to give you shit about making this kind of a change in your life, time to cut them out
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont let em get to yau know what yoir doin is right for u and u dont need anyones permission or approval to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bene
@bene
14 years ago
35 posts
dont let those people upset youif they dont accept you as you want to be their not even worth worriing about...focus more on the friends who like you for who you are and not what you look likethough i think you are gonna have some really nice dreads in a few monthsbut quit wax caus its bad, my dreads are 5 years old and i quit wax after the first year but i still find wax even in the thinest when i cut them of from time to timeyou know some wise man ;-) once said you shouldnt judge someone by whats on his head but on whats in his hearthope i got that sentence right in english :D sorry if its notwhatever kepp on dreading and be proud of it!wisch you lovebene
Moneybags McGuilicutty
@moneybags-mcguilicutty
14 years ago
33 posts
ya don't let that affect you, its not worth it, be yourself and be proud of it!
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
14 years ago
49 posts
I can't imagine how hard it must be dreading in school, but remember - people take the piss regardless - if they didn't have your choice in hairstyle to poke fun at they would just choose something else.At least at the end of the day you can go home smiling, thinking about how you are the person you want to be who doesn't abide by the bizarre restrictions created by society. Can you imagine how dull life must be to be so mundane you have to put people down for your own pleasure?
DON D
@don-d
14 years ago
18 posts
u look great. f the haters, dont let anyone bring u down.. u gotta walk with your head up and know u the baddest mofo on the face of the earth. its hard at times especially at school. theres alot of pricks out there.. dont give in to the bs.. HANG IN THERE WE GOT U.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form