Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wanted to show off a special gift that I received today

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
So my love and I have been in an extended engagement for about two years now. We can't get married, because his SSI is really all that's supporting us. I don't make enough money to support the two of us, and SS would probably cut is income by half. So we just stay engaged. Anyhow, today he bought me my own ring. For the past few years I had been wearing all that he could afford; a ring bought off of someone else that a number of people had worn before me. The sentiment was wonderful, but he knew that it always bothered me that I was wearing a ring that had already been worn by other people. So today I got my own, and upon seeing it my nerd brain turned on and I exclaimed " Oh love... it's like two triforces being joined forever in wedded gamer bliss...I LOVE IT!!" Engagement ring!!
updated by @faelwynn: 01/13/15 08:42:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
congrats and damn your a nerd..lol but i dont believe his ss would be affected at all id look into it but im pretty sure it wouldnt be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
:D .. Nerdy love melts my heart!It's beautiful! Congrats! :)
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
LOL I just realized how corny that sounds :P

Paula said:
:D .. Nerdy love melts my heart! It's beautiful! Congrats! :)
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
On his finger...lol I got him one made silver a while back, and as soon as I get the money, I'm buying him a nice one from Zales... he just doesn't know it yet. Knottysleeves said:
Congrats! Where's his ring? ;-)
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
We've already looked into it. I make enough money that they would cut his SSI, but not enough to support the two of us. Because I live in California, and some things here are dumb. soaringeagle said:
congrats and damn your a nerd..lol but i dont believe his ss would be affected at all id look into it but im pretty sure it wouldnt be
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
you should have seen the look on the jeweler's face... it was just like this : 0.0" only in real life. All she could say was " oh. my. god. I bet you two play world of warcraft together too don't you?"... I didn't help my case when I said yes... Paula said:
:D .. Nerdy love melts my heart!
It's beautiful! Congrats! :)
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Congratulations!!! And don't let the fact that your previous ring was worn by other people affect you. My husband was engaged TWO times before me and we were so broke at the time my engagement ring was a cast off from his last fiance with my previous diamond wedding wrap band soldered to it. (I was married to my high school sweetheart for about six months - BIG MISTAKE.) We loved each other so much it didn't matter to either of us that we couldn't afford to have a "new" engagement ring made up. 20 years and two children later, although I could have gotten a new ring anytime, I LOVE that "mess" of an engagement ring and what it still stands for. It doesn't matter where it came from - it's the sentiment behind it.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form