Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Update Personal & Dread Related

GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Alright, so I'm sure everyone has been wondering where I've been. I've barely posting much in the past month or so. Well here goes...PersonalMe and my fiance broke up. I had to move from Wyoming to Georgia. I'm back in Georgia now and everything is kind of up and down with life and my fiance. I talk to her about once a day or every other day. I'm really trying to work things out with her but one day she seems like she cares and the next it feels like if I died she just wouldn't even shed a tear. It's really complicated. But I'm still keeping the mentality of "if it was meant to be then it will be." That's basically all I can say about that. Seeing my family and friends is nice but it's still really hard because I have a lot going through my mind. But anyways, I'm still dead set on my ex and I love her to death! Haha.DreadSo basically, everyone here loves my hair, haha. It's wild and crazy but everyone thinks that I look good with hair. My grandma absolutely loves it. My best friend said that I look bad ass with hair. His mom said that I look handsome, so basically everyone is diggin it. I also told them that I was dreading. They all kind of looked at me like "what?" haha but then I told them that it's easier than shaving my head every two weeks and they just laughed and said it was kool. I went into more detail with my grandma and my best friend with it and he said that it was awesome that I was dreading. I told him I wasn't gonna cut my hair for at least fifteen years and he just said, h"hell yeah, I like what you're doing. It says a lot about you. Your hair is gonna be like your life history." So he hit the nail on the head with that one. Anyways, my hair FINALLY starting to dread all over my head. Just barely. I'm finally seeing some serious progress, it's awesome. I see loose hairs that look like they're trying to tangle and man, it feels good to finally see something going on. The dreads that formed a couple months ago on the back of my head are still there, they seemed to get either looser or tighter, I can't really tell what's going on with those though. But anyways, yeah...in four days I will be on my eighth month of dreading from a buzz cut. If you enjoy life and stay outdoors and only come in to mess around on the net and other stuff like that well then it's pretty dang easy to dread. I would make a timeline but I have no camera. I'm taking pictures of myself every six months though so everyone can see the progress that it made throughout.
updated by @greygargoyle: 01/13/15 08:42:43PM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Good for you Grey! Sounds like there has been alot of growth for you in more than one way! Lol You are a wonderful person and I wish you the best always! I am glad you checked in though cuz I was kinda wonderin' where my friend went. : D
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
=) Thank you. Yeah, what happened to Sister Rags? She told me to come back onto dreadlocksite a week or so ago and I said that I would one day...I don't know if I'll be able to get online anymore after today for a while but we'll see.
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
we don't talk much, and I guess we've had our disagreements, but ya, I was wondering where grey had gone, haha, and hoping he was doing ok.I'm glad to hear that everyone seems to be accepting the hair pretty easy, and that your progress is... well... progressing :)Hope things keep going up. Stay strong brother.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Thanks guy's.I just saw my mom for the first time in seven months or eight months and she had this dirty look on her face when she saw my hair. Then she said, what are you doing with it? I said, nothing and she said, well...we're going to get your brothers hair cut, do you want to go get yours cut too? I said, "no, I'm not cuttin it anymore." and she asked again right before she went out the door.I expected that. She likes the clean cut look. Whatever, she's lame.
Puff
@puff
14 years ago
29 posts
All moms are like that! I had dreads, she hate them, had to cut them off. "Oh where are your sweet dreads?" I grew dreads again "Oh no not again". GreyGargoyle said:
Thanks guy's.

I just saw my mom for the first time in seven months or eight months and she had this dirty look on her face when she saw my hair. Then she said, what are you doing with it? I said, nothing and she said, well...we're going to get your brothers hair cut, do you want to go get yours cut too? I said, "no, I'm not cuttin it anymore." and she asked again right before she went out the door.

I expected that. She likes the clean cut look. Whatever, she's lame.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I missed you grey!!! I'm glad to hear you're around some supportive people right now,. I can't believe that your grammy is cool with you hair! lol! My husbands grammy refuses to understand at all and tells Scott all the time "yer hair is gonna be down to yer ankles soon and I'm gonna be really MAD!!" LOL! different generation so it's all good I guess. His mom's pretty cool with it though. Told me she likes mine the other day.

Best of luck with the fiance and I know everything will work out just the way it should. You're a great guy! Don't be a stranger! Many Blessings

recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
Hey man, I didn't see this thread when you posted it but I wanna leave a comment anyway. Really glad you're enjoying growing your hair and it's showing you some progress dreading. Doing it for yourself is the only way, forget the negative comments. but you already know this:)On a more blah note, if you and your ex don't work things out, remember it's not the end of the world. It might not ever happen, or it might not be the right time for you guys just yet. I went through this same thing at the beginning of the year and though I still get hyper emo over thinking about her, I know my life will go on and I have great positive energies in my family and friends. I know you'll be fine and have the support you need but I just want to make sure it stays fresh in your mind that you'll be fine.Hope you drop back into the site again real soon.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form