Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I bought an aloe vera plant. does anyone else hate the smell? haha

Sherita Flowers
@sherita-flowers
14 years ago
4 posts
So I got an aloe vera plant and i used it on a burn i had and it worked wonders! nature is powerful. I heard putting on my dreads was good for them. I did but for some reason the smell was terrible to me! I usually like the smell of all other plants but this one just wont settle with me. Is it pointless if i leave it on and wash it out?
updated by @sherita-flowers: 01/13/15 08:42:34PM
cynnara
@cynnara
14 years ago
6 posts
what is the purpose of aloe on your dreads? or is it for the scalp?
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
yea aloe is great for taming frizzies once in a while if you're really worried about them. A LOT of people say they hate the smell :P It really doesn't help with much else besides a temporary frizz taming. You need to wash it off before it gets really rank no more than a day probably, if you don't like the smell now just wait a few days Yeckkk!! :o)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i dont mind the smell and it fades as it dries anyway u can add a coupler drops of oil and aloe to a spray that way it smeklls niceit does condition also so it has another purpose besides taming frizzfpr africans its esential (often addeing citrus lime n mangoe to cover the smell)for others well its good once mature but in early stages overuse can slow dreadingits not needed at all except if african (but shae works too)so if u dont like it..dont use it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Hey I was looking at the knotty boy tightening gel and the main ingredient is aloe gel100% Pure Aloe Vera, Certified Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Lime Essential OilSo does it condition and tighten? because their product isn't making much sense to me..
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I'm not so sure that it conditions everyone's hair type Ive heard some people say that it actually dries it out too much even after rinsing. But aloe is by nature pretty conditioning so I guess it helps some...the only use I have for it is cuts and burns so I have no first hand experience of putting it my hair :o)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
http://www.ehow.com/how_5588334_use-aloe-vera-juice-hair.html here's link i found about using aloe as a conditioner, It sounds as though it would be best for more mature dreads though? I'm guessing that the tightening & conditioning is bull shit because it's like they are two opposite effects?? Just a guess, Like I said I don't have personal experience with aloe in my hair or the tightening gel so I could be wrong. I have heard the Kboy gel sux though :o)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form