Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

T&R (Twist and Rip) How often should it be done???

Kate
@kate
14 years ago
4 posts
Hi everyone :), this is my first question on here, so go easy on me! lol! I've just had my first wash after about a week and half of dreads. I was just wondering how often should i repeat the twist and rip method? Kate ^_^
updated by @kate: 02/14/15 09:53:27AM
Davey
@davey
14 years ago
22 posts
never, as far as i am aware anyway
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
hmm, I don't know, but what I suggest is that you just let em go and form how theyre going to form because doing TnR to them allot seems like it would prevent the locking from happening, but who knows, it could actually help it, but that's what it seems like to me...SE would know allot, allot more than me about this. I just let mine do whatever they want, they kind of fell out, but are starting
to actually lock up and what not...I hope this helped you any bit!
Kate
@kate
14 years ago
4 posts
i never thought about just leaving them, duh! lol feel kinda silly now :) Davey said:
never, as far as i am aware anyway
Kate
@kate
14 years ago
4 posts
that seems like the best idea and i think alot of ppl would agree with you, i think thts what im gonna do aswell! thank you :) Ashley said:
hmm, I don't know, but what I suggest is that you just let em go and form how theyre going to form because doing TnR to them allot seems like it would prevent the locking from happening, but who knows, it could actually help it, but that's what it seems like to me...SE would know allot, allot more than me about this. I just let mine do whatever they want, they kind of fell out, but are starting to actually lock up and what not...I hope this helped you any bit!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u never had to r&r at allso even if it falls apart entirely it still will dread but if it has 1 single knit remaining it did something so just leave itgeneraly t&r wil have less unraveling then backcomb and that should never be repeated eitherall dreading happens on its own t&r just helps define sections and get a lil knotting startted ti form a foundationafter that..neglect takes over and thats how dreads really form

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
your welcome! glad that I could help you! I'm on the same TnR journey, so if you have and questions and what not that you think i might be able to answer, then don't hesitate to ask! And of course, SE is right...again! That's why we all love him, he helps us out so much! SE, you Should write a book...
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Hi! Welcome I would like to recommend that you read the FAQ and the member created pages and guides on the right side of the screen. Don't twist and rip again just leave it alone, it may unknot itself at first but it will eventually re-knot in it's own time. Just keep the sections from knotting together by pulling them apart when needed.
Kate
@kate
14 years ago
4 posts
Thanks SE, i will leave them be from now on :) by the way i tried your baking soda wash earlier, it felt fantastic! <3 kate soaringeagle said:
u never had to r&r at all
so even if it falls apart entirely it still will dread but if it has 1 single knit remaining it did something so just leave it
generaly t&r wil have less unraveling then backcomb and that should never be repeated either
all dreading happens on its own t&r just helps define sections and get a lil knotting startted ti form a foundation
after that..neglect takes over and thats how dreads really form
Davey
@davey
14 years ago
22 posts
this is what i was thinking of, it's from Lishd from get up dread up and in referance to rebackcombing but i think it would still remain true"backcombing established locks (ie after the first couple weeks) anywhere except the very tips just pulls hair from the parts of the dread that are already trying to knot on their own. there's nowhere to get the loose hair from except to create it. so you damage one part of the dread to "help" the roots"
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form