Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oily, stringy dreads?

Buffalo Rogers
@buffalo-rogers
14 years ago
46 posts
My dreads are nearing their first birthday! (whoo!!) And it's been a great journey so far.But, they've always been pretty oily and stringy looking, and it's been getting worse. I've always had dandruff, but that's seemed to get a bit worse too since the dreading begun.I wash my hair with unscented Dr. Bronners soap, probably once a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. If I wash them more will it help keep the oilyness down? It makes my hair look uber unattractive, and I think it's hurting the dreading process...So what can I do to keep the oils down? Is there anything to help with the dandruff, too?Also, I try to keep backcombing my dreads when I can. The middle on a lot of them are pretty tight, but the ends and roots (about the first and last 1/4) are always really loose. Should I stop backcombing and just let them be?Thanks!!
updated by @buffalo-rogers: 01/13/15 08:41:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u been backcombung a year? stop it!u should backcomb one time only if at all and then stopswiitch to baking soda not bronnersuse teatree rosemary and thymehot wash freeezing cold rinseno more backcombing!!!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form