Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New here and have a question

Alicia2
@alicia2
14 years ago
12 posts
I have been researching all over the 'net and I am SO glad I found this place. I was looking at knotty and another place, using wax and all that crap. I see now that I should not do anything like that.So, I thought I wanted to go to a salon, then reading here I do not think I have to, After looking at all the info here, I think I want to do the twist and rip. I have NO one that knows anything about how to do this. Is there anything here that shows how to do this? I have seen some at the "buy our shit and wax and you will look great" sites, but I am leary of anything that I see in those videos since apparently I should not use their products.And can my friend, who has no experience do this for me? If so, I just need to know how to get going.Thanks a lot!Alicia
updated by @alicia2: 01/13/15 08:41:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
theres guides and vids over there---->start off doing 1 yourself with the freind watching 1 underneath out of siteafter u do 2 or 3 u get better at it and perfect the technique once your comfy with how they came out and your freind sees what works best turn her./him loose on the back use mirrors to supervise the 1st couple to make sure theyre done rightits super easy but takes a lil refining the procersss to get it perfect

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alicia2
@alicia2
14 years ago
12 posts
Thanks for the fast reply. I did look at the videos, especially the twist and rip one. My hair is super straight...will that make it harder to dread? And I am trying to figure out how to section it, does it need to be sectioned perfectly or what, exactly? Start from the bottom, top, what? I glean a LOT of info from the forum and the videos, but I guess I still have questions. My hair is about 5 inches long now. Again, thanks for any answers, Soaring Eagle (BTW, I LOVE your hair!).Alicia
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
straight hair dreads finei wouldnt section on squares random sizes and shapes look way more natural the only concern wou,ld be to be careful u dont have hairs from 1 dread section getting into another dread like criss crossed at the rootslike if a hairs comming from under the roots of 1 section and going into its neighbour its better to pull it out and just let it be loose or your gonna be doing extra ripping early on

--
Alicia2
@alicia2
14 years ago
12 posts
Oh, and having my friend doing it, she will watch the videos on here about how to do it, but can someone do it without having previous experience?Alicia
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
almost evvery1 does it without previos experience just start underneath where its less visible and afer 2 or 3 you'll perfect it she can watch and when she starts the back use 2 mirrors to supervise and make sure she does the 1st couple right after u do 2 or 3 its so easy u can do it without thinking or paying attention to what your doing

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form