Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Whatever washing my hair with head and shoulders.

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
So i've been doing this dreading thing for 2 months I first started off with a good run, no dandruff etc, but as time goes on it gets worse, and worse and worse. I've done whatever I could possible (besides the ACV) I even just washed my hair only using baking soda and Peppermint....worked for like...a day then back to itch. So Head and shoulders here i come....at least to make my head stop itching for a minute.If anyone has any other ways of getting dandruff away let me know.
updated by @aaronthelegend: 02/14/15 06:12:10AM
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
It's also very noticeable, the build up is really bad. I'll wake up look in the mirror and chunks will be in my head the half the size of my nail....
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
So yeah my head feels better, the dreads that are formed from the TnR didn't come loose, but the hair that ISN'T TnR became straight again. They feel silky which sucks, I'm just going to go back to how I FIRST started my dreads, Gallon of water, 3 tbsp of baking soda and some oils. Time to start the back of my head....over O well Patience is a virtue they say
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
use the acvbaking soda teatree rosemaryacv and cold cold rinxe ..it will work head and shoulders will unravel baby dreadswhy havent u tried acv?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Maybe you need to wash more and pick one thing and go with it, skipping all over the place with products and oils and this and that would irritate an irritated scalp.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Well I stuck with one thing for a while, and it was working (the gallon of water). I didn't use the ACV because I have no money at the moment and I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. Yeah I know the head and shoulders made my hair in the back straight. But that's why I'm going to just let everything go on it's own now.I'm going to try and get Sea Salt as well.What do you mean by "wash more" ?
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Use the acv...hell, use white vinegar if you have it! Those flakes are only getting worse because of the lack of it. I had the same problem when I wasn't using the acv. It's only 2$ a bottle, just look for Apple Cider Vinegar. With the mother, without, it doesn't matter. You need the vinegar to balance out the ph in your scalp!
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
acv is really not expensive. like Faelwynn says, 2 dollars a bottle that lasts around a month depending on how much you use. Or at costco a huge jug probably 5-7 dollars.And if you just can't find it any vinegar will work. The baking soda will dry out the scalp without something to neutralize it. I didn't use the acv for a week which did help lock a bit tighter but it wasn't worth the itchies.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
How do you mix the ACV, like it's ACV + what else?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
just water and vinegar. You can add oils but you don't have to. I add my oils to the BS and then nothing in the acv.for every cup of water a tablespoon or so of vinegar...that's all. Pour over head and leave for a couple of minutes then rinse :)Good luck!!..hope it cures the flakes...probably will over several washes :) Aaron"TheLegend" said:
How do you mix the ACV, like it's ACV + what else?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form