Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

is there even 1 loctician in the world that dont destroy dreads?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i have never heard 1 satisfied story from any locticians or well no i have heard some who were satissfied being screwed and lied to and ripped offbut my question is is there even 1 loctician in the worlds who dont use harmful prsactices? who wont use dread perms crochet interlocking wax felring glues gunkes who wont tell you not to wash your hair for a month or a year?is there even 1 loctician in the world who knows theyre jobs a scam cause dreads happen by avoiding salons?is there 1 who doesnt schedule monthly maintenance to take more money or recomend twisting till they fall off?i am on a quest to find 1 decent loctician not because id ever go to one but just to prove that one in a million might exist..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 07:17:16AM
stevie
@stevie
14 years ago
5 posts
I know one in Michigan.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
really? what do they dowhat methods and practices do they useim doubtful stevie said:
I know one in Michigan.

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
there's a girl on here Amy, she is a loctician-The Dread Queen I believe she calls her business, although I don't agree with all her methods she doesn't use wax. She does however love the loc docta and some other DHHQ products and it'll cost ya around $20 an hour for something that should be free! I think she's a nice girl though. Certainly not trying to rip anyone off i don't think.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
but she uses the lock docta? that makes her a bad loctician destruvctive to dreads i know alot are "nice girls" "not out to rip ppl off" but still use very bad practices NaturalWomyn said:
there's a girl on here Amy, she is a loctician-The Dread Queen I believe she calls her business, although I don't agree with all her methods she doesn't use wax. She does however love the loc docta and some other DHHQ products and it'll cost ya around $20 an hour for something that should be free! I think she's a nice girl though. Certainly not trying to rip anyone off i don't think.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i know 1 i thought that about too then interviewed her 1st wouldnt reveal her "trade secrets" then found out she interlocks (but doesnt call it that) Knottysleeves said:
I know a few. They're all very experienced, actively speak out against using wax & products and damaging methods, and make sure their clients understand how dreading works.

They don't call themselves "locticians" though, and they work privately (not in a salon).

I'm not a fan of maintenance or "fixing problems" with dreads, but if I would ever want to have it done, I would trust those women with my hair.

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
yea i agree she also uses a crochet needle! eek! soaringeagle said:
but she uses the lock docta? that makes her a bad loctician destruvctive to dreads i know alot are "nice girls" "not out to rip ppl off" but still use very bad practices

NaturalWomyn said:
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
alden on the site is really good to, very honest an upfront, tho idk if he was still doing dreadlock work on the side or if it was a short term thing, him and amy were always upfront about things.
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
yea they might be real nice people, and im not putting anyone down or anything so dont get offended..... im more putting down the methods and tools they use, although they might be upfront about how and what tools/products they use, well kinda, do they tell of the damage they do, probably not...........and again not to offend anyone, thats makes them not a good dreader........ Iain said:
alden on the site is really good to, very honest an upfront, tho idk if he was still doing dreadlock work on the side or if it was a short term thing, him and amy were always upfront about things.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
nah it's all good, Alden in particular stresses that, he was one of our first members and has had crocheted locks and restarted more naturally so he knows firsthand, plus tells people to read about other people's personal experiences on this site be4 deciding what they want, then follows through with their decision, which is really how it should be.so in a way, I think we're both on the same page.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form