Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

bushy dreads and some other follys

Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
Helo everyone. I have made a few dreads with the twist and rip method and I have noticed that they are really bushy and rough. I have alot of loose hairs that are more than an inch long and this troubles me as to the reliability of these dreads.Another issue is the ends, I get to a point where they just wont dread anymore and I have a inch or two of undreaded hairs. will these eventullay dread with the rest?Another issue issue, can I shower everyday? like just a water rinse and use shampoo every 3 days or so?The last being that I have made a really thin dread because it was naturally sectiond like that, It is really really thin, should I keep it or chop it?
updated by @joe-muir: 02/14/15 06:14:34AM
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
Oh jeez, one more problem. should I sleep with a hat or something or just sleep like normal? Im worried that they are coming undone
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Hi! yes your hair will eventually all dread,You probably T & R'd it pretty tight so it's rough. It will most likely all come undone in the next few days/weeks and then knot up on it's own. So let it do it's thing. It will be fine. You can shower and wash your hair with a residue free shampoo whenever you feel like it. I wouldn't chop anything if i were you! ;o)
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
well as long as its normal than I wont worry as much. but what about sleep?
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
just lay down and close your eyes... Joe muir said:
well as long as its normal than I wont worry as much. but what about sleep?
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
thank you naturalwomyn. you have been alot of help
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
1 theyre fine2 theyre fine u actualy are better off with loose tips3 itrs fine never chop dreads for any reasonthe loose hairs will take care of themselves u never had to twist and rip to begin with so dont worryit will dread fine no matter whatand well u can shower but if your hair dont dry between your asking for stink theres no reason to shower everyday thosave water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
sleep in a hat if u want and then be sure to seperate afterdont sleep in a hat if u want they'll dread finei never t&r i just slept without a har and most of the dreading happened in my sleep

--
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
I only shower in the morning so I think Im safe from mildew and all that gunk. I just shower to wake up, my body produces alot of oils and I feel greasy in the morning. and thank you soaringeagle you are as wise and all knowing as you look.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
overpruduction of oils is in most cases a result of over washing u remove healthy oils and your body reacts by producing more then it needstake a hot wash to clean out the pores then a very cold rinse to close em up then go 2 days without.. then 3 you'll see that u slowly adjust and produce less

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form