Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just getting starting

Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
so my hair is not quite long enough to dread yet, but im thinking the sooner i start my journey, the better my dreads will ultimately turn out. with my hair being about two inches, should i start to wash with baking soda and doing the acv rinse every four days or will it have no effect on my straight oily short hair? thanks everyone
updated by @matt5: 02/14/15 01:25:52PM
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
hey welcome u should wash ur hair with bar soap with no oils or additives in it to dry ur hair out and then go natural dont touch or anyhting jus wash and seperate till bout 6 inches and if by then its not dreaded then twist an rip them herse the link http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/twist-and-rip-method-dreading#axzz0uNWTPtM7
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well the baking sodas good 4 days is good id oily add thyme and klet your scalp adjust

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
ill give it a shot, can i get any of these soaps from local stores or should i buy dreadhead or dr bronners or something? thanks for the help
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
Dr. bronners is the shit man go with that
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
okay, so ill start with the baking soda tomorrow and then let my hair go a couple days and just let it grow and be natural
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
hmm, ill stop by target on my way home from work tomorrow and look for berts bees pomegranite and soy shampoo, if not, ive only heard good things about dr. bronners
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
So I plan on starting to let my hair dread naturally and washing it with baking soda and the acv rinse but is there a technique when you're starting with straight hair? I don't want to wash it wrong or dry it wrong to slow the dreading process down. Any advice is grately appreciated, hopefully ill get a picture up soon to show everyone what I'm working with
The Rapture of Exile
@the-rapture-of-exile
14 years ago
33 posts
Hey matt, I too stopped combing and cutting in Jan this year. The one thing to keep in mind is that everyone's scalp is slightly different - and starting early is a great way to find out what works best for you. Heres how i wash my hair:first before i get in the shower, i wash my hands, dry them and then scrub my whole scalp with my fingers. I rinse with hot (but not scalding!) water.then I lather and scrub my scalp with dr. b's peppermint soap, rinse very well.I then pour 2/3 acv + 1/3 water on my head ( i have a sprayh bottle 4 this), and scrub it into my scalp. i usually let it sit for a couple minutes to free up the oils that are in the dr. bronners. then to free it out i use hottish water, then finally rinse w cold water ( as cold as you can stand it. { I rinse my hair with water every two days and wash about every 3 or 4 day, btw}... to dry, i either shake my head, squeeze the water out by wringing my hair gently, sit outside in the sun, or do all 3. I use a hairdryer when its nasty out.An extra word of advice: your conditioned reaction when you hair starts to get messy is going to be to 'fix it' or obsess over it. This is honestly the most difficult aspect of dreading, next to people judging you of course. Just try to let your hair to itself. As it grows and you don't comb it, you will notice that it isn't as straight as you once thought it was. Curves, bends, maybe even some curls will showup. Good luck, and if u have any questions don't hesitate to ask one of us! Matt said:
So I plan on starting to let my hair dread naturally and washing it with baking soda and the acv rinse but is there a technique when you're starting with straight hair? I don't want to wash it wrong or dry it wrong to slow the dreading process down. Any advice is grately appreciated, hopefully ill get a picture up soon to show everyone what I'm working with
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
Okay, much thanks. Also should I start sleeping on a different material other than flannel pillow cases or cotton pillow cases, and should I get my hair wet everytime I shower even if I'm not gonna wash it?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form