Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bummed And In need Of Encouragement, Cheering and Reinforcement

Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Okay so I am bummed about my hair.I have been for a few days now.My dreads are forming flat and with blunt bottoms and really short.( I knew I'd loose length but its sooo much)I have almost waist length hair and the dreads are up to my shoulders.I freaked out an ripped a brush through the top of my hair, raking the babies out and even ripped apart a dread in the middle side of my head!!!!!Then I decided to wrap some with wool hoping to stop the flattening.Then I ran away from the mirror!!!Anyway it was a pretty dramatic night for me.I feel doubtful and afraid, haven't felt that way yet.I started dreading naturally March 20 something this year.HELP!!
updated by @island-mamma: 01/13/15 08:41:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well its just a freakout your 1/2 way to maturity ansd near when they start to grow but long hair shrinks most they will be nice rtight dreads and they are really close to being where u want them to bebut you will have to wait for them ti regrowu might even lose a lilo bit more but not much and then they will grow and grow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Oh my friend! First, here is a hug...better? (smile) Please don't fret about all of this and don't lose faith. So many things get worst before they get better. You are very beautiful and your hair will no doubt be beautiful too. Remember those beautiful babies of yours? Your daughter and son? Well, it took them nine monthes to grow all their parts and when something looked alittle funny or missappen did you hurt them or say, "How ugly, I won't look at you?" Ofcourse you didn't! You kept on loving every little thing about them and they grew and matured and how wonderful are they now!? It will be the same for your dreads. In the grand scheme of things 4 mos. is not so very long. It will all work out, I believe it and you must too. Sending love...
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
oh mama.......... hang in there, your hair will be fine, dont freak out, give it more time hair will dread and grow, well im sending "love and good vibes" your way............ best of luck to you............
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Hang in there! I don't want to make this post about me, but I want you to know that you are not the only one that feels that way!! I am around five months in and my hair has NEVER looked worse LOL!!! It has become major unmanageable and the frizz is just incredible. I was on the verge of tears last week wondering what the heck have I done to my hair and if I could comb them out!I decided just to cover it up and behold - this week, a little better and more dreads actually formed in the back. I feel like it is 2 steps forward and then 10 back sometimes.Try to focus on the positive, or try not to focus on it at all, but don't give up!!! Lots of love AND understanding going out to you!!!
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Thanks for your beautiful words everyone, you brought tears to my eyes.I am going camping today on Denman and Hornby today so I'm sure that will help.Love ya's talk to ya's when I get back.Knotty great idea!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
oh mamma! Sounds like our hair is at the EXACT same stage! I started with super loong hair too so i know how ya feel! Mine are pretty flat right now too and have gone from hair to my bum to just past my shoulders! But ya know what some of the most *AMAZING* Locks i have EVER seen have been started from long hair! They end up so pretty and textured!They will round out eventually and you will be so glad you stuck with it and didn't give up. It gets worse before it gets better,right?! Just think about all the time, money and energy we are saving not having to comb and de-tangle that long hair! Have a blast camping with your beautiful family and i bet you'll have a different outlook on this when you get back! Camping with locks is soo much nicer! Much Love!
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Back from camping.It was GREAT!I didn't make it to Hornby, I was totally swept up in the magic of Denman.I have a new dread or two and feel much better about my hair now.I swam a lot, bathed in the river (thats was pretty much dry) in the forest by the sea * aaahhh * and I have an opportunity to move there (again) and live in a country cabin on a 107 year old apple orchard owned by some very beautiful people. Decision decisions.
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
good for you mama glad you feeling better, post some pics of your new dreads : ) and man that sounds beautiful...... i could only dream of moving to a place like that, be more one with nature... Island Mamma said:
Back from camping.
It was GREAT!
I didn't make it to Hornby, I was totally swept up in the magic of Denman.
I have a new dread or two and feel much better about my hair now.
I swam a lot, bathed in the river (thats was pretty much dry) in the forest by the sea * aaahhh * and I have an opportunity to move there (again) and live in a country cabin on a 107 year old apple orchard owned by some very beautiful people. Decision decisions.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form