Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

if you jojoba oil your scalp will that slow down your locking

savage
@savage
14 years ago
90 posts
when you put oil on your hair is it better to wash it out or leave it in?
updated by @savage: 11/08/18 02:16:00AM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
If you know your dreadlocks are too dry and need some moisture. I don't see why jojoba oil will hinder the locking.Heck, I use peppermint oil and tea tree oil in the baking soda and water mixture I use to wash my hair. My dreadlocks are fine.If I recall correctly, I believe Zii uses jojoba oil
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
My thought would be that the question is spawning from the fact that jojoba oil is very much like the oil that your scalp produces (sebum) and that it would hinder the locking process just like a greasy head would. I don't use it in my wash routine, but do use it for other moisturizing purposes...so I have no idea how it would react with hair, though I've found that it's easily absorbed by the skin, so hair may react the same way. No way to tell unless you try. If you're worried about hindering the locking process, but need some more moisture, then try an extra strong acv rinse. Sometimes when it's really really dry here, I skip the baking soda all together and just rinse my hair with acv. Works like a charm.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Well your dreads are mature I believe? So I don't think you'll have a problem :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form