Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baking Soda, first time???

Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
Hi, I have quite a bit of dandruff in my hair and was wondering if washing with baking soda really helps? also I only have baking soda, tea tree oil can i just wash with this and how much shall I put in to wash my hair?
updated by @shuaib-ahmed: 02/14/15 06:38:22AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I use 2/3 cup of baking soda to 2 quarts of water in a pitcher and mix it up really well when the pitcher is halfway full of water then add the rest then i add about 10 drops of tea tree to the mix. I have a TON of hair though! Some people use a couple spoons of baking soda to a cup of water. Then just pour it over your head! Leave it on for 15-20 mins the first time then rinse thoroughly. It will work wonders for your dandruff. If you can get some rosemary and peppermint at some point that would be wonderful as well but it's not entirely necessary. Many Blessings
Jessie Carr
@jessie-carr
14 years ago
61 posts
This is what I use =DMake sure you've got bicarbonate of soda, not baking powder XDI use 3 litres of water - 4-5 tablespoons of baking soda3-4 drops of tea trea =D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
freezing cold rinse helps a ton too and acv rinse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
ohrite cheers I'll try that next time. My cousin just actually looked ay my hair and said that i had loads of white stuff inside it. im getting so pissed off im thinking of cutting the locs off, but i really dont wanna.

wot do you guys think? it looks bad right?
updated by @shuaib-ahmed: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
don't give up before you even try! Dandruff Can get better. My hubby used to have it real bad now it's non existent since the tea tree and Baking Soda. Give it a chance!!! Shuaib ahmed said:
ohrite cheers I'll try that next time. My cousin just actually looked ay my hair and said that i had loads of white stuff inside it. im getting so pissed off im thinking of cutting the locs off, but i really dont wanna.

wot do you guys think? it looks bad right?

updated by @naturalwomyn: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
cheers, I'll try..... just hope it doesnt get any worse
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Hey don't give up yet....give the baking soda and tea tree a go....if in two weeks there isn't a noticeable improvement get your hands on some peppermint oil. I had BAD dandruff and scalp issues my whole life and tried everything even the slesun blue and head and shoulders all the oils etc....it wasn't till I used peppermint that I have a nice healthy scalp now.The menthol iin the peppermint really works.Oh and do you wear a hat all the time? If you do cut back on that let your scalp breath. Shuaib ahmed said:
cheers, I'll try..... just hope it doesnt get any worse
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
wow that actually is pretty bad dandruff...try wat everyone has posted and if it still presists get yourself some medicated shampoo not just head &shoulders the expensive stuff i think its called nizoral i wouldnt use it all the time but once in a while isnt gonna fuck up ur dreads
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its way better then shgampoo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form