Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Q About Dr. B's Soap and Hair Dye

HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
I know there are some other Dr Bronner's soap users here. Do any of you have your hair dyed? A while ago I bleached my hair to color it a lighter color. When I got bored with it I decided to dye my hair dark brown just for something different. The Dr. B's seems to be stripping out the dye. My gray hair is starting to show and the bleached part is lightening up and it is starting to look like gray hair too!I was just wondering if I am imagining this with the soap or if anyone else experienced Dr. B's stripping dye out of their hair really fast?I really wanted to stop dying my hair but it is looking like crap and I may not be able to resist!
updated by @healingamungthetrees: 02/14/15 08:48:17AM
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I think dr bronners has a concentrated soap...it could just be really strong and you'll need to water it down a little. I've only used the bar soap. I kept my hair bleached when they started forming and stopped when I realized it was knotting up and just let it grow totally natural, no color or products(besides soap) just playing with it a little on occasion.
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
I am using the bar too. I want to keep my hair as natural as possible so I am really torn between dying and not dying.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I have to say you look too young to worry about grey hair.I don't think it can be blamed solely on the soap since grey hair doesn't hold color as well as hair that still has natural pigment. I read that somewhere...don't remember where.
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
Exactly! She is too young...shit, I'm 37 and I'm not even ready to sport grey hair. It happens though...I started getting my first grey's in my late 20's. I supprt you momma crunch with whatever you decide. I am dying my hair before I start dreading...that's just me though, and I'm having a mid-life crisis, lol. Puppy said:
I have to say you look too young to worry about grey hair.

I don't think it can be blamed solely on the soap since grey hair doesn't hold color as well as hair that still has natural pigment. I read that somewhere...don't remember where.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
my mom began dying her hair at 16 when she foubd her 1st grey..then never stoppedmy beard began going grey in my late 20'si embraced it as a sign of experiencebut on the dr b questionif u read the bottle (after sifting through all the we are all one conceisness stuff) you will see its meant to be very dilutedfor shampoo.. 12 tiimes as much water as soap

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
Ha ha. I am blessed with two sets of genes that are in a constant battle.My father's side of the family brings me the premature gray gene. I had a nice patch of gray developing when I was 22. I started dying around that time and have not stopped since then. I dye for both fun and function.On my mother's side I am blessed with looking young. I get carded sometimes when I try to buy smokes for my husband and I always get carded for alcohol on the rare occasion I buy some. It makes me laugh because people are surprised by my age.Oh and I am 32 by the way :)
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
Oh and ps....I think gray hair is distinguished looking....I am just not ready to be THIS distinguished lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i hear ya when i was 28 ppl guessed i was 45in colorado a dumbass kid my best freind was seeing kept calling me "grandpa"in cali when ram dass was there dozens of kids kept asking me "are you ram dass" when i laughed and said no theys d all say "oh ok i just heard he was an old dude in a wheelchair so i thought it wss you"sometimes stuff like that can be abnnoying i certainly dont feel oldbut on the otherr hand in allegheny at council a young girl was leaving council and when someone said stay, we need your opinions she pointed to me and said i'll just go with whatever this elder says, and that i took more as a sign of respect then just being concidered an old dude (i really dont think 42 is old, and at that pount i was still in mid 30's)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
15 years ago
72 posts
I second that! MommaCrunch said:
Oh and ps....I think gray hair is distinguished looking....I am just not ready to be THIS distinguished lol
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form