Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Last night, I went out into my garden and cut a bunch of aloe vera. My hair has been FRIZZY and alot of you said aloe vera was good for that. It worked great! My hair is softer and more behaved today and I am happy :). The only question I have is...how do I get the gel out of the plant leaves without poking myself so much and how do I get the most gel out? I was thinking of grinding the leaves up in a pulverizer or blender but then, I thought it might be all kinda peices....hmmmm? What do you think? Many thanks and much love.
updated by @panterra-caraway: 02/14/15 03:31:54AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
slice the leafe in 1'2 so u have 2 flat peices then just use a fingernail spoon or knife to scrape out the gelu dont wanna pulverise the whole leaf..lolits real eazy to split it open especialy if u start at the thicker end

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DreddieFreddy
@dreddiefreddy
14 years ago
30 posts
i just break off a piece in half than squeeze out the gel. i am lovin my aloe plant too... i went to the store and couldnt find 100% aloe vera so I went to homedepot instead and just got a plant for under 4$. at first i was nevous cause the plant wasnt doing well in homedepot but as soon as i took it home and potted it it bloomed like no other! its in the cactus family so aloe vera is super easy to grow (for anyone without a green thumb) and i figure that i saved a lot of money in the end. horrrayy for aloe plants!
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Thanx SE and Freddy too! Yeah, glad I didn't go blender happy on the leaves! Lol
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I have only seen an aloe plant once in my life so I don't know if it'ss work, but if you're going with what Freddy says and are gonna squeeze out the gel then maybe you could use like a rolling pin and then you won't have to touch it :)
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I was going to suggest the rolling pin too.....great minds think alike :)I think you have to rinse it out too within 14 hours because I was using it on my daughter and it looked great the first day but then her hair got kinda crispy....could be different for you but it did dry her hair out if I left it in.... Paula said:
I have only seen an aloe plant once in my life so I don't know if it'ss work, but if you're going with what Freddy says and are gonna squeeze out the gel then maybe you could use like a rolling pin and then you won't have to touch it :)
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
wat i wanna know is how to get past the smell of it i cant stand the smell of aloe straight outta the plant
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Hey! Rolling pin! Good idea! Thanx! I put the aloe in last night and let it dry, then slept all night. My hair wasn't crispy, just softer and more smooth in each dread. Heather, I am surprised that the smell bothers you...but my daughter gags when I use peppermint oil on my locks! To each his own I guess! Lol
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Bottled gel really smells but very quickly evaporates, I am not really bothered by the straight from the plant smell but my plant is small.I am addicted to peppermint oil now. It relaxes me and I have a lot of joint and muscle pain and I rub it all over my sore areas and it relaxes me and eases the pain....
bob_marlo
@bob-marlo
14 years ago
5 posts
I've been wanting to put aloe vera in my dreads for a while but, it does smell funky. And the last thing I want is to have smelly dreads. Just wondering if you you could mix the aloe vera with a couple of drops of lavender oil?I work in a T.V. station so I have to maintain my dreads as much as I can.
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form