Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

suppper itchhy head

Kev
@kev
14 years ago
17 posts
ok so my head gets really itchy espesially when i get nervous or mad or frustrated or if the day just gets extreamly hot and also when i have a beanie on or hat. i dont have lice because me and my brothers share hats and im the only one this happens too. i was thinking when i put in my dreads this will become an even bigger issue. anybody have this problem and any tipps? i have dandruff so i think this is also part of the problem.
updated by @kev: 01/13/15 08:40:24PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Hi! yes having dreads may cause your scalp some extra itchies. Read around the site a bit and you will find many wonderful and different remedies for this. I would recommend using a residue free shampoo with tea tree oil in it or even better just washing with a couple spoonfuls of baking soda mixed into a cup of water and a few drops of tea tree oil. Pour it over your head and let it sit for 15-20 mins. But read around different remedies work best for different people you won't know until you try! Good Luck!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the baking sodsa teatree but add rosemary too and use freeeezing cold rinse and then do an acv rinse and some ppl like yo add pepermint too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Peppermint! The menthol in it has a cooling effect that takes away the itchies plus it clears up dandruff.
Kev
@kev
14 years ago
17 posts
how do i use baking soda? and teatre oil with peppermint? soaringeagle said:
the baking sodsa teatree but add rosemary too and use freeeezing cold rinse and then do an acv rinse and some ppl like yo add pepermint too
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Some people like mixing up different oils. I prefer to see what oil actually is working for me and stick with that. BUT yes add essential oil to your baking soda wash. I put about 6-10 drops of peppermint with my wash and usually wash once a week now since I started using it. Kev said:
how do i use baking soda? and teatre oil with peppermint?

soaringeagle said:
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
"just washing with a couple spoonfuls of baking soda mixed into a cup of water and a few drops of tea tree oil. Pour it over your head and let it sit for 15-20 mins." you can add a few drops of whatever essential oils u want- peppermint,rosemary,tea tree are the best for itchies.Read more: suppper itchhy head - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/suppper-itchhy-head?commentId=3754945%3AComment%3A149209#ixzz0tVLvzpvv the best place for real dreadlocks no lies no products to buy just truth about healthy dreadsUnder Creative Commons License: Attribution Kev said:
how do i use baking soda? and teatre oil with peppermint?

soaringeagle said:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form