Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Manicured Locks

London <3
@london-3
14 years ago
18 posts
What are some natural products that you guys use to keep your luscious locks looking presentable?I need some ideas about how to keep mine looking tame & presentable for school & workThanks =]Love London <3
updated by @london-3: 02/04/18 12:51:59AM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Nothing. Being tamed is boring. Ever see the animals at the zoo? Don't look like they have much fun do they? Keep em wild and knotty. But if you absolutely HAVE to look a little more boring then use some aloe...pure aloe from the plant.
London <3
@london-3
14 years ago
18 posts
Hahahahahahahha born to be wild huh Gary?Ok then, so invest in an aloe plant is sounding the way to go.thanks GreyGargoyle said:
Nothing. Being tamed is boring. Ever see the animals at the zoo? Don't look like they have much fun do they? Keep em wild and knotty. But if you absolutely HAVE to look a little more boring then use some aloe...pure aloe from the plant.
London <3
@london-3
14 years ago
18 posts
Ok then thanks =]your help is muchly appreciated=] Knottysleeves said:
If I'm going to a business meeting and need my dreads to look smooth, I just wet my palms and palmroll the dreads, them tie them back or wear a wrap. That keeps them quite presentable for several hours.

I don't use any products, but I hear aloe (the pure stuff) is perfect for smoothing frizzies and whatnot.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
lol, that's right. Good luck with the aloe! London <3 said:
Hahahahahahahha born to be wild huh Gary?
Ok then, so invest in an aloe plant is sounding the way to go.
thanks

GreyGargoyle said:
London <3
@london-3
14 years ago
18 posts
Hahahahahha Thanks, I hope that it works out.... I don't even have dreads yet; I'm hopefully starting them on Monday.... I want all the knowledge that I can source before I jump into it =] GreyGargoyle said:
lol, that's right. Good luck with the aloe!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ive always avoided jobs but when i had yo i never ytied to look presentablewell the office job i put on a tam tucked my beard dreads inside my shity. day 1 on the job i let down my dreads and the president of the companty walks by stops dead in his tracks and just said "wow" ..only time my dreads were ever mentionedi then founded 2 non prpffits after that was on the board of both and often met with wealthy patrons leaders in the arts community heads of every non profit in the city including the huge multibilion multinational ones as well as poloticians and u name iti never tried to tidy the dreads i think the most i troed to be tresentable was when meeting a congressman or maypr i put on a sirt that didnt have the sleeves tore offi only tied my dreads back if i was hotu realy dont gotta worry bouit it as much as u think

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
You could always wear tams when they are allowed. You can get some headbands. You can tie them back, if you do, do it loosely and it's usually better when it's a low ponytail and don't have it tied for too long.there's great stuff in the shop, the link at the top right :)
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
I agree with SE you don't need to worry about it as much as you think. I asked my boss if I could get them and she likes them so so she was fine with them but I understand the concern. My parents both think that they need to be more tame and boring or I will not be taken seriously. I told them about SE's story of the non-profits and such and slowly my mom is coming around to the fact that my hair does not effect my ability to do a job. My dad is more old school and keeps making subtle comments about them and jobs. SO... relax on them a little. I work in a Doctors office and my dreads are out all the time and my nose piercing is in all the time. Ask your boss if you are worried or just dont be worried and relax.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
You're on the right track then. I got all the info before starting as well. I'm six months in and I started from a shaved head. It's been a blast. But there are some ups and downs. I found that I liked my hair wild, crazy and messy more than I liked it looking tame. I've gotten used to it being so wild that it just looks plain goofy when it's not being wild. :P And like SE said, you really don't have to worry as much as you think you should. Most people don't really care too much if your hair is a bit messy. Especially if you live in a windy area. :P You can always just blame it on the wind. =) London <3 said:
Hahahahahha Thanks, I hope that it works out.... I don't even have dreads yet; I'm hopefully starting them on Monday.... I want all the knowledge that I can source before I jump into it =]
GreyGargoyle said:
lol, that's right. Good luck with the aloe!
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form