Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thickness Question

GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
First, sorry for my inactivity. My internet has been down. I don't know if I'll be on regularly again or not but hopefully I will...anyways...My question is about dread thickness.What size do you consider a thick dread then what size do you consider a thin dread? Here fill this out, just add the numbers...Super Thick:Thick:Average:Thin:Super Thin:Oh and I am almost six months into dreading. My hair is now able to move just by me shaking my head. It's weird, this is the longest I've ever let my hair get. :P I look like a goof but I like it. =)
updated by @greygargoyle: 01/13/15 08:39:13PM
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
I think thin is 1/2 inch and lessRegular dread is 1/2 inch 1 inchbig dread is 1 inch to 2 inchand MEGA dread is 2 inch and biggerJust my opinion they are all Great!!!!
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I agree, they're all great. The question is for dread accessories. :PBeads and stuff like that. =)
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
So true...I didn't even think about that... Knottysleeves said:
In my dread sleeve descriptions, I used to give the measurements then say "Best suited for an average-sized dread" or whatever... but I stopped doing that after awhile because it's impossible to say what "thick" or "thin" means from one person's hair to the next.

Also, a "thick" dread might actually be quite loose and spongey and therefore could take a bead with a smaller diameter hole... and a thin or average dread might be super tight and have no flexibility, making it really hard to fit a bead or sleeve that's not the exact same diameter. So it's really hard to pin down numbers for these things.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
super thick anything over an inchthick inchaverage 3/4-1/2thin 1/4super thin i had 1 literaly as thick as the letter l and that was a congo 2 extreme thin combined

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
but for beads i try finding some that fit anywhere within my range of sizes and then just try to find it a homeive never found 1 i couldnt find a home for

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
I like using stainless steel rings, their size can be adjusted to fit each dread, and I like the way they look (like shiny stars in the night sky lol)I'd say an average size for my dreads is between a sharpie and a pencil, but that's just my head of hair, average size for one of my brothers dreads is more like a quarter, but we've got different texture hair.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form