Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new guy here :)

jay moncibaiz
@jay-moncibaiz
14 years ago
4 posts
hello everybody out there. i've finally been given my freedom back after doing the military thing and i've been growing my hair since february. i've decided that i want to start the process of getting dredlocks. the only problem is i have no one to help me, i live in hawaii on oahu and if anyone else that is on the island can help, i'd appreciate it. i've read about the different ways of getting dreds, i want to do it the right way so just saying hi to everyone and i hope to get to know everyone a little.
updated by @jay-moncibaiz: 02/14/15 04:42:49AM
Giuliano Pagano
@giuliano-pagano
14 years ago
55 posts
Many people on this site would recommended that you simply stop washing your hair with traditional shampoos, and conditioners and move onto less residuey hair washing formulas like the baking soda wash, or even Dr. Bonners. Oh, and stop combing your hair.Besides that, all you need to do is limit how much residue you get on your scalp (Baking soda rinse usually cleans it right off), don't use wax, don't pay someone to dread your hair, throw out your combs, find a hobby for the next few months as you wont be touching your hair that much.Just let em grow. ;)
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
first off, welcome bro, and yea the best way is to just let your hair go, no conditioners, no brushing, definitely no waxing but the will form on there own and thats the best way
jay moncibaiz
@jay-moncibaiz
14 years ago
4 posts
thanks man, i didn't know that simply growing my hair and not touching it would work, and luckily i do have some baking soda. Giuliano Pagano said:
Many people on this site would recommended that you simply stop washing your hair with traditional shampoos, and conditioners and move onto less residuey hair washing formulas like the baking soda wash, or even Dr. Bonners. Oh, and stop combing your hair.

Besides that, all you need to do is limit how much residue you get on your scalp (Baking soda rinse usually cleans it right off), don't use wax, don't pay someone to dread your hair, throw out your combs, find a hobby for the next few months as you wont be touching your hair that much.

Just let em grow. ;)
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
yep, nothing really needs to be done, if you let it go they will form, only thing you need to do is seperate them every once in awile or they will grow to getter forming Congos well good luck bro jay moncibaiz said:
thanks man, i didn't know that simply growing my hair and not touching it would work, and luckily i do have some baking soda.

Giuliano Pagano said:
Many people on this site would recommended that you simply stop washing your hair with traditional shampoos, and conditioners and move onto less residuey hair washing formulas like the baking soda wash, or even Dr. Bonners. Oh, and stop combing your hair.

Besides that, all you need to do is limit how much residue you get on your scalp (Baking soda rinse usually cleans it right off), don't use wax, don't pay someone to dread your hair, throw out your combs, find a hobby for the next few months as you wont be touching your hair that much.

Just let em grow. ;)
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
There are other methods if u wanna know, backcombing is my favourite :)
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
backcoming isnt that good from what i hear, tear n rip is better then backcoming, and natural dreads are even better then tear n rip................ natural are the best way to go Jack Roth said:
There are other methods if u wanna know, backcombing is my favourite :)
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
yeah but i love how back combed dreads turn out and plus thats how mine were done and i love my dreads!
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
yea i agree you can love you dreads, but when giving advice its better to give the best method not give one just cause thats how you did yours, lol alot of people who backcomed or twist n rip say later on that even though they are happy with their dreads, i kinda wish i went natural, lol just dont use wax or crotchet them both are horrible but idk once again just my thoughts Jack Roth said:
yeah but i love how back combed dreads turn out and plus thats how mine were done and i love my dreads!
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
These are some of the best advice you will ever get...All I can say is WELCOME brother and I wish you an awsome dread journey...May you find things about yourself that you never even expected to find or knew existed...:))
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form