Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From east to west Canada

Remiss
@remiss
14 years ago
40 posts
Hey guys, I posted that in the group traveling dreadies but I think I'll got more answer here since there is a couple of person from Canada on the forum (but not in the group...).I've Planned a trip to British Columbia for this summer and i'm leaving in 4 days and be back in something like 2 monts (for school), but now i'm in Quebec. So i'll have pass through the Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta to finnaly be in BC (approx. 5000 Km). I'm leaving with two friends by car and I think it will be a very nice experience. At the same time it's a good way for me to practice my oral english because our first language here is french.We are planning to make some fruit picking in the oakanegan valley to help us paying the trip.So what I wanna know is if you guys know some nice place that we should (must) stop in any city that we will pass trough (or near), some must see location. Or if you know good (and cheap) place that we could put our tent and stay for sleeping because it will be like 1 week on the road. And maybe you know some good place in BC for working or just to visit...I'm really excited about this trip and I will certainly enjoy it a lot. So if you got any advice or something let me know.wish me good luckand thanks
updated by @remiss: 02/04/18 02:08:10AM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
You have to come to the Island, it is all things BC :DWild, peaceful, calm beautiful and natural.Lighthouse country, Bowser(look for sunny beach road when tides low, Qualicum Bay(beach strip) and Deep Bay(go to the spit)Denman (check out the hippy hostel) and Hornby Islands (tribune and whaling station bay, theres ferry fees for the gulf islands you can walk on and hitch hike though)Courtenay (cool little town, nice dowtown park, puntlage river is famous for tubing down and stoke em falls ROCKS)Cathedral Grove on the way to Port Alberni (amazing old growth forest)Some of my favorite places on the Island
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Yep thats the one! Knottysleeves said:
Salut Remiss! Cross-Canada road trip is the best thing ever. I think everyone should do it at lease once in their lifetime.

Everywhere in BC is wonderful. :-) Except for the Mormon sect in Bountiful, that's just creepy and sad.

Try to drive up to Jasper when you're going through Alberta, it's an awesome town in the summertime and sooo beautiful. Lots of wildlife to see just driving along.

If you come to Vancouver Island, do the drive out to Tofino, you won't regret it! Cathedral Grove (old growth forest) as Island Mamma mentioned is on the way there, as is Kennedy Lake which is fabulous for swimming. Sproat Lake is a great place to camp, very peaceful if it's not crowded.

Island Mamma, is the Earth Factory hostel the one you're talking about on Denman? It's awesome!
Remiss
@remiss
14 years ago
40 posts
Thanks for your answer! I'm taking note of theese places and yeah i've heard a lot of good things about Vancouver and of course, Tofino. Maybe we will go to the island, but i'm not sure for now. It looks like we will improvise a lot during this trip :).Thanks again!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form