Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

something everyone should know about locticians and dread salons

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
locticians are hairdressers, they are liscenced cosmotologists that are regulated by the state. they are tought by schools that are themselves very product orientated and teach false misinformation (like hair should be severely dammaged to dread) the 1 thing locticians are never taught is that they are totaly unnecessary, that dreads do not need to be madeso they assume that they must use the most invasive methods there are to create dreads.locticians generaly know less about dreads then your average uneducated homeless person.they recomend not washing, using gunks, and harmdful methods like crochet and interlockingbecause they really have no idea what the right way to dread is or how to really care for dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 03:27:25AM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
On the contrary not all locticians are licensed or trained cosmetologist. Some may also be licensed cosmetologist. However just because some are licensed cosmetologist doesn't mean you can lump the two together in the same category.The testing and 1600 hours of training cosmetologists go through has nothing to do with to with the basic function of a loctician. See the Cornwall vs California court case.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
depends on the state but your correct that its treatted as simular to braiding however some states do indeed require a lisscence to braid hair..its insane ofcourse but i know at least florida u need a liscence to braid hair (u might even need a liscence to apply nailpollish there..lol)but the point is they have practicly ne real knowledge on the proper dreadingthey are more likely to have training in perms weaves extentions stuff like that

--
savage
@savage
14 years ago
90 posts
yea das true.people in salons that do dreads only want the money.and they really could probably carelessless about ur dreads they juss make em super tight and throw a glob of wax like its mandatory.take ur money an tell u to come back in a week.and they really arent educated about dreadlocks.they tell you to use wax and putting grease on your scalp which make you end up with twists that look nothing like real dreads soaringeagle said:
depends on the state but your correct that its treatted as simular to braiding however some states do indeed require a lisscence to braid hair..its insane ofcourse but i know at least florida u need a liscence to braid hair (u might even need a liscence to apply nailpollish there..lol)

but the point is they have practicly ne real knowledge on the proper dreading
they are more likely to have training in perms weaves extentions stuff like that
savage
@savage
14 years ago
90 posts
i been to a salon once and all they did was grease my scalp and wax my dreads and told me i didnt need a wash when i havent had one in a month prior.lol and the twisting hurted and the blowdryer hurted.man im digging freeforming it feel way better and they look and feel way nicer savage said:
yea das true.people in salons that do dreads only want the money.and they really could probably carelessless about ur dreads they juss make em super tight and throw a glob of wax like its mandatory.take ur money and tell u to come back in a week.and they really arent educated about dreadlocks.they tell you to use wax and putting grease on your scalp which make you end up with twists that look nothing like real dreads

soaringeagle said:
depends on the state but your correct that its treatted as simular to braiding however some states do indeed require a lisscence to braid hair..its insane ofcourse but i know at least florida u need a liscence to braid hair (u might even need a liscence to apply nailpollish there..lol)

but the point is they have practicly ne real knowledge on the proper dreading
they are more likely to have training in perms weaves extentions stuff like that
Danny
@danny
14 years ago
9 posts
this is an incredibly broad generalization.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
generalization yes because generally it applies to 99% of them worldwideso yea its broadu find me more then 1 in any lsarge city it doesnt apply toive been searching and ive foyund very very few..not 1 of which has a shop or calls themself a loctician the only ones i know of this doesnt apply to work out of theire homedont advertiseonly do dreads for freinds

--
SuperGirl
@supergirl
14 years ago
4 posts
Looking for someone who can put dreads back in my hair....I had to take 'em out for work and stuff, now I need 'em back! I live near Lansdale PA
safiyah
@sugaplum
14 years ago
20 posts
I only know one locitian who specialzes in holistic, homemade recipes, and promotes freeforming...but she lives in another state. Dang!But the locitians that I have run into either charge waaaay to much to start dreads or believe in cutting the fuzzies from the locks...yes there is a loctian on youtube who clips her clients fuzzies after she styled it..wtf!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
some actualy light the dreads on fire and burn it off

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form