Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Unraveled.

Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
Okay so I know that it is very normal for new dreads to come loose and unravel at the ends at roots..but right now I am about 2 and a half months in and just last night and today I have noticed a few dreads are completely unravled from root to tip without a single knot left in them. (I started with twist and rip) Is this okay still? Should I twist and rip them again a little bit? Or backcomb? I Just don't want the unravled hair to get caught in another dread and get congos that way. The back of my head is super knotted and alot of them look really good and like they will never come unraveled so I don't know why the ones on the sides of my head are like this. Well any advice will be appreciated. Thanks:)
updated by @alicia: 01/13/15 08:38:26PM
Zachary Al Joseph Warfel
@zachary-al-joseph-warfel
14 years ago
34 posts
If you tam them, they will dread.Okay seriously though, they'll come around. To keep them from becoming congos, just seperate them if need be. If you t&r or backcomb again it will just destroy your hair so just let it be and they'll come around. Put on a hat or a tam and they'll be fine. I doubt that there are absolutely no knots in the hair unless you ran your fingers through it to see which is definitely not helping the process. Sometimes it's harder to see the knots on the sides and front of your head because those parts take way longer to noticeably lock but give it time and it'll come along shortly. It's all a part of the journey. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. : )
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
if you want some sense of continuity I'd say at least T&R the roots of those areas (was it just a few or your entire sides?)to get them going.could be a bunch of reasons that caused it to come apart,agree on the tam if you have one.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Here are a couple of options for you:1. If you are one who likes to add color.A)Stick a bead on the sectionB)Wrap the sections of hair with embroidery thread2. Just keep pulling the section away from the other sections.I have a few that have seemingly unraveled completely, however the sectioning can still be found so I just separate them maybe once a day.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form