Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

goals visions destinations.

benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
maybe this should have gone in questions, but anyway.When i started my dready journey i started with one thing in mind, Dreads. dont mind how they look, neat tidy messy whatever.i had super soft thin straight silky hair, thought its not going to happen.BUT.....It did, now i dont pray for things or wish, but i did ask the spirit or whathaveyou of a certain Mr Marley and well dreads happened.Next thing, it would be really cool and i'll be stoked when my dread are long enough to be tied up by one of my dreads..........WOOH!!! that happend to!then my latest was being able to use them as a comfy makeshift pillow, that is and has been for quite a while now a factor.not sure what to "aim" for next, i dont even really think i need to.im enjoying them and thats all that matters, why should i worry stress about the next thing when i can enjoy this.none of the previous things mattered to me but they were there in the back of my mind.As Ram Dass says " Be Here Now"So, without people worrying or stressing i was wondering what if anything people have in mind for their journey?(bit of a long winded way to ask a question i know, but i put a little bit of my history or his story in aswell)Peace and respect.
updated by @benjah: 02/07/18 12:53:02AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
next goal.. reach the 30 year old mark

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
soaringeagle said:
next goal.. reach the 30 year old mark
that certainly is going to be a big one! thats some serious commitment brother. i'll get there one day.and yet im suprised i was expecting you to say " slapping on my 30th tub of wax into my perfectly square dreads" heheh.
Sammy Seven
@sammy-seven
14 years ago
19 posts
Wow, i really like this post.What do I have in mind for my journey? well, i'd just like to have them dyed once my locks have matured. I'm not really looking for any "destination" in a sense, but rather the time in between now and whenever I cut my dreads. That's IF I ever cut them =]
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
Sammy Seven said:
Wow, i really like this post.

What do I have in mind for my journey? well, i'd just like to have them dyed once my locks have matured. I'm not really looking for any "destination" in a sense, but rather the time in between now and whenever I cut my dreads. That's IF I ever cut them =]
Cheers!i think there are a few posts knocking around that say about dying locks. i love the fact youve said not looking for a destination. it reminds me of an Edward monkton shortpoem;theres a drawing of a dog in a bathtub chillin bcak wearing shades floating on the sea, this is the poem."He knows not where he's going, for the ocean shall decide,It's not the destination but the glory of the ride."
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
Lisa McRae said:
My only goal was the journey itself. I wanted it to bring me closer to mother earth and myself, which it did. I`m happy for you having all your dread dreams come true :)
youve got it spot on lisa, the journey definatly brings you closer to yourself and the big momma. luckily for me ive always had a strong sense of self, since having dreads though they have acted as a ....erm magnet i guess, (does that make sense?) the two opposites of drawing those towards me and reppeling the others.
Akal Sahai
@akal-sahai
14 years ago
39 posts
I had wanted dreads for a while now, but sometime in April I kept talking about it and my husband told me he didn't understand why I kept talking about it and wasn't doing it. I realized he was right... I don't usually put things off. Looked dreads up and found a loctician in town, then found that crocheting them sounded weird, so researched that.... found a yahoo answer post of all things with SE directing someone to this site. Came here, the rest is history.I started of wanting a hairstyle, and realized that i wanted a journey instead. How perfect is that? i love the journey of everything, there was no way I was giving that gift up once I knew what dreads were really about.It's not about hair, it's about connection. One more connection to the rest of everything. Yoga gives me oneness, my family gives me oneness, being outdoors gives me oneness, dreads give me oneness. We are organic creatures and the more we allow ourselves that option of BEING, the more happiness, love, and peace we fill up with. It becomes like a river that keeps flowing.It's a constant path of enlightenment, and I love it. I didn't know that I wanted something out of this when I first started. but I am SO glad I did, because it has helped me move back towards myself that I had let slip away. My husband told me that he has never seen me so happy as I am now, so complete, so myself, except for maybe about 12 years ago... and now I've got it back, and that's all I want out of it. To just BE and enjoy the ride of it all.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Meh, I never really started dreading for with a specific goal in mind.. save for reconnecting with my soul. But aside from that, my current goal is to have my dreads grow long enough to cover my breasts when nude. Kinda strange, but my straight hair never got long enough to do so before splitting and breaking. I figure, with dreads it'll be much easier, as individual dreads don't dry out and break off (scary thought though).
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
you know thats kinda funny, I guess we all do have these milestones set for our locks like you said,thats awesome,for some (like mine it was just being able to tie them back at all) that was really helpful when it happened,long term I'd love to see my locks go well down to my chest,I have a bizarre long term goal for them but it's one of those funny kinky things, lol.of course I just enjoy everything about locksgreat post
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
not ever having to brush or cut my hair is nice.Not hating how it looks greasy and worrying about my outer appearance as much, which is kind of funny because I'm always looking like i just rolled out of bed now a days, haha, but the thing is, I don't care anymore.The biggest thing for me I guess is, not only looking totally awesome ;D, but it's one less thing to waist energy on. There are more important things to think about then how your hair, makeup, or whatever look ya know?I really want to become less materialistic. And, slowly, I think I am =]but ya, that's just me ;]
updated by @cavewoman: 07/03/15 04:56:02AM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form