Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Mourning The Loss...

Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
of the first part of my journey. :(I had my dreads crochet a week ago. I thought that was what I wanted/needed to do.Then I found this site.Now, I wish I had gone natural or twist n rip.I feel like I cheated myself out of the most important part of this journey.Im debating taking all these 'manufactured' dreads out and starting over.I have 7 month old triplets. Plus 6 other kids. Time is not my friend right now.What should I do? Leave them and just go natural from here or take them all out (if I even CAN) and start over?I hate internal conflicts.
updated by @nicole: 02/04/18 02:08:51AM
DON D
@don-d
14 years ago
18 posts
i would leave them and dont do nothing with them from now on... i did my hair by backcombing.. and i felf the same way... im too far in now tho, would have to cut them.... u will be fine... let them go and dont worry about them...were not judgmental.. it happens..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its a common dilemnaim not sure how easy crochet would come out so i would just let em go natural from here a year from now u may not notice they were manufactured

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Akal Sahai
@akal-sahai
14 years ago
39 posts
What is your heart telling you to do? Maybe let it swirl a little while in your head and see what answer comes to you. Your path should be whatever feels right to you. If it's going to drive you insane that they aren't formed naturally, then take them out and go down that road. If you honestly feel like you are at peace with them being crocheted, then let go of the past, and enjoy your current path you're on.I think it just really depends on what you keep feeling like inside, nothing should stress you out. It should be a fun and happy journey. Especially with little ones to keep you busy :)
Akal Sahai
@akal-sahai
14 years ago
39 posts
Has anyone on here combed out crocheted ones?I found this site before I ended up with crocheted dreads myself... the cost turned me off, so I started researching soaringeagle said:
its a common dilemna

im not sure how easy crochet would come out so i would just let em go natural from here a year from now u may not notice they were manufactured
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i dont know anyone who copmbed out crochetted dreads personaly but i have a feeling it would be harder then other dreads and might not work well but i dunno

--
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
It's not so much the aesthetics thats bothering me, it's the watching. Seeing the progress. Im usually a very impatient person. Thats why I had them 'done'.But having triplets has cured me of that. lol.My heart is telling me to start them over. But I just dont know if thats a possibility. The time to remove them, then redo them is huge. I just done have that amount of time.I think I just need to come to terms with 'whats done is done'As hard as that will be.Maybe helping my daughter do hers TnR will help me?
Alex Angam
@alex-angam
14 years ago
47 posts
I had the same problem with backcombing and a little bit of wax, but I have left them alone and I believe they are nearly completely recovered now. It just takes time, they will look and feel normal eventually.
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
I actually wondered if just clipping the little hairs that runs up the dread would at least loosen them and maybe that would help?
updated by @nicole: 07/09/15 07:05:54AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha guess i forgot its really getting harder to keep track of who did what whewn and howits easy to remember who dread permed cause its so fewbut anything else its getting hard Lisa McRae said:
Of course you do :)
I combed out one of my really big dreads to start them over naturally (was only really trying to separate it into 2 but I ended up combing it all out.) about 2 months ago, it was really difficult and took 2 hours for the one dread and it really hurt.

soaringeagle said:
i dont know anyone who copmbed out crochetted dreads personaly but i have a feeling it would be harder then other dreads and might not work well but i dunno

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form