Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Pleasant friendliness.

pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Before I got my dreads and even once I got them, I had several dreadie friends tell me how people were going to be rude to me. Give me strange looks. Ignore me. I took the warning, but I also hoped more from society....After a month and a week of dreads I have noticed something. People are extremely pleasant and friendly to me! People are willing to come up and ask me general questions and start a conversation.I still get some odd looks and some rudeness, but not as badly as I had expected. I feel that with my dreads people are more willing to be open with me, and yes even smile at me. :)Any one else feel the same?
updated by @pixie: 02/14/18 05:41:11PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Yeah a little. I've only had mine for a couple of weeks and even though I worried about it, I have had very few negative responses. People do stare and I got the ignorant response I expected from one of my aunts, but everything has been pretty pleasant.One of the reasons I got dreads was that I thought it was a way to sort of wear your personality. I've always been very picky about what I wear and if it shows who I am, but I think my dread babies do that on a monumental level :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
0 yea u get 1 or 2 rude people per every 10000 extremely nice onesbut depends on where u are some places are more close minded then others

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Republican conservative state right here. lol. I mean I do get quite a few stares daily. But just today I was in a book store and seemed like no one had a problem coming right up and talking to me. Also many smiles received today. It was beautiful.Of course this could all be contributed to the fact that I feel 50x more confident in my own skin with my locks.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I get that here on the Island. People smile a lot at us and want to talk, it was like that before but more now that we're dreading.Kiah's (my soon to be 3 year old) hair gets commented on EVERYWHERE we go at least 3-4 times a day.That was happening already before she started dreading, seem sot be from birth really, she just has hair!When we're out people touch her hair, they pat, rub or tug it!It really gets on my nerves.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
from what I've seen anyone that thinks negatively of your decision to lock either simply follows that rule of "don't say anything if it's not nice an w/e"or they don't have it in them to be an ass and say whatever, I feel pretty normal lately no weird stuff or reactions in awhile.I'd have to say maybe 90% of what people do say has been really nice though :)and even then the rest had been mostly curiosity.
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
I get mostly positive stuff too! before dreading i expected the worst, but i havent had many mean people. a few kids at school were dumb and yelled "wash your hair" at me in the lunchroom lol. that was just funny. if people are giving me wierd looks i try to imagine what theyre thinking..."wow look at those luscious locks..." haha im probably not right tho :P
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
lol. Lets just assume your right! :) Emily said:
I get mostly positive stuff too! before dreading i expected the worst, but i havent had many mean people. a few kids at school were dumb and yelled "wash your hair" at me in the lunchroom lol. that was just funny. if people are giving me wierd looks i try to imagine what theyre thinking..."wow look at those luscious locks..." haha im probably not right tho :P
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
ya i have to agree to. I feel like sometimes I get bigger smiles then I use to when I look at someone. No one's said anything rude, I've gotten a few odd looks from some bros and bro-hoes and a few rndom people, but in general, ya, people are surprising =]
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form