Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is it just me?

Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
So basically I've had my dreads for almost two weeks, i'm getting used to them and trying to to obssess over how they look. But the thing is all my family and relatives are judging me and saying oh why do you have them whats the point, what are you achieving out of this.So the question is that is it just me thats being judged or did everyone else get judged by the people around them when they first got dreadlocks?
updated by @shuaib-ahmed: 02/14/15 03:34:00PM
Jessie Carr
@jessie-carr
14 years ago
61 posts
Yeah. Ive had mine over a month and my gran still is keeping up the "your not my granddaughter anymore" act.Your dreads are awsome by the way. theyll end up SWEEEEEETT!.Just deal with it. its your hair not theirs so its not affecting them.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it tool 15 years for my mom to not mention cutting in every conversationand to stop making scissor motionms with her fingers everytime i looked at her..just ignore it its annoying ya but..its theyre problem not yours

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh and im m0ving this out of introduce yourself

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
oh sorry didn't mean to put it in this section, I was jud so pissed off i forgot to put it in general questions. Ye thanks I guess i'll just ignore them, cuz they keep sayin my dreads dont look like dreads too and say it looks like a mess. So each time I look in the mirror I keep asking myself are they right? lol.
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
lolye my grans are the same, then they say wot have you done lol.cheers I hope they do, cuz i feel that they look like crap lol Jessie Carr said:
Yeah. Ive had mine over a month and my gran still is keeping up the "your not my granddaughter anymore" act.

Your dreads are awsome by the way. theyll end up SWEEEEEETT!.

Just deal with it. its your hair not theirs so its not affecting them.
DON D
@don-d
14 years ago
18 posts
yea just came back from the evil empire (walmart). had some black chicks in there talkin bout look at that white boy with dreads. lol. i get it all the time. most just look and say nothing... i think its funny.. do what u do tho. they look great, and they will look better. my dreads feed on uneducated ppls hatred and questions lol..
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
lola white girl was saying to me that other day it only looks gd on black ppl, and i was like how ignorant are you? because i've seen white people with dreads and a lot of them look better than quite a few black ppls dreads. i especially like white people with the redheaded or blonde/brownish dreads, they look the best!!! DON D said:
yea just came back from the evil empire (walmart). had some black chicks in there talkin bout look at that white boy with dreads. lol. i get it all the time. most just look and say nothing... i think its funny.. do what u do tho. they look great, and they will look better. my dreads feed on uneducated ppls hatred and questions lol..
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
When people say anything about dreads, I can't come up with anything more than..."who cares what you think?" I don't even say that, I just roll my eyes and think about how stupid people are these days.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Hahaha GreyGargoyle said:
When people say anything about dreads, I can't come up with anything more than..."who cares what you think?" I don't even say that, I just roll my eyes and think about how stupid people are these days.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form