Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to best use essential oils?

❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
So I finally got my hands on some Tea Tree oil today. I plan on buying others like lavender and sweet orange.So what is the best way to use these?Should I put them in my baking soda wash?orCan I put them in a spray bottle with water and spray and leave it on?O and which other oils would be good to use?
updated by @opaulao: 02/14/15 04:53:25PM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I wouldn't leave it in. If I were you I would use it in the baking soda wash.Tons of oils, I'm not familiar with any of em except tea tree and peppermint...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u certainly can leave em on just wouldnt over do itrosemary for dandruff thyme g\for oiliness jojoba for conditioning umm theres 2 full lists in featured discussions use the new search type in herbsthe new search works best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
thanks! I had actually been looking for those discussions for a while and I found a good one now :) soaringeagle said:
u certainly can leave em on just wouldnt over do it
rosemary for dandruff thyme g\for oiliness jojoba for conditioning umm theres 2 full lists in featured discussions use the new search type in herbs
the new search works best
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Just be careful using orange oil and then going in the sun.It attracts the sun, I learned that one the hard way!Made some skin cream with a bit of orange oil in it and I got a sun burn.Try peppermint oil for dandruff and scalp issues, rosemary didn't work for me at all (sorry se)and since I've been using peppermint oil I have no scalp flakes, clumps, chunks or butter.I just add it to my baking soda rinse pour it on at the scalp and let it soak and then rinse.It feels really neat too.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Thanks Island Mamma!I was thinking of using the orange in my wash to give my hair some real nice fragrance. I don't like the smell of the tea tree oil too much so I want something strong to cover it up. Ive also been spraying with thyme tea and that just smells like food LOL!You guys know of other oils that are nice and fragrant that will last??I was also considering lemon or lime oil but the site I was looking at said sweet orange cuts down grease and I really need that :) Island Mamma said:
Just be careful using orange oil and then going in the sun.
It attracts the sun, I learned that one the hard way! Made some skin cream with a bit of orange oil in it and I got a sun burn.Try peppermint oil for dandruff and scalp issues, rosemary didn't work for me at all (sorry se)and since I've been using peppermint oil I have no scalp flakes, clumps, chunks or butter.I just add it to my baking soda rinse pour it on at the scalp and let it soak and then rinse.It feels really neat too.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Peppermint oil, cures scalp issues(grease and dandruff) and smells great and feels cool!Jasmine is pretty too if you want to make a hair scent spray.I think all citrus will attract the sun.Lemon makes hair bleach.....if you just LOVE citrus maybe you could spray only the ends, avoiding the scalp....you just don't want a scalp sun burn ya know.... Paula Figueroa said:
Thanks Island Mamma!
I was thinking of using the orange in my wash to give my hair some real nice fragrance. I don't like the smell of the tea tree oil too much so I want something strong to cover it up. Ive also been spraying with thyme tea and that just smells like food LOL!You guys know of other oils that are nice and fragrant that will last??I was also considering lemon or lime oil but the site I was looking at said sweet orange cuts down grease and I really need that :) Island Mamma said:
It attracts the sun, I learned that one the hard way! Made some skin cream with a bit of orange oil in it and I got a sun burn. Try peppermint oil for dandruff and scalp issues, rosemary didn't work for me at all (sorry se)and since I've been using peppermint oil I have no scalp flakes, clumps, chunks or butter. I just add it to my baking soda rinse pour it on at the scalp and let it soak and then rinse.It feels really neat too.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Thanks Ill try some jasmine. My mother is very sensitive to scents and she can't stand any minty smell so I don't think she could b around me if I used peppermint oil.Oh and I actually do LOVE citrus :).So if I find nothing else I think I will at least spray my ends with some :)) Island Mamma said:
Peppermint oil, cures scalp issues(grease and dandruff) and smells great and feels cool!

Jasmine is pretty too if you want to make a hair scent spray.

I think all citrus will attract the sun.
Lemon makes hair bleach.....if you just LOVE citrus maybe you could spray only the ends, avoiding the scalp....you just don't want a scalp sun burn ya know....

Paula Figueroa said:
Thanks Island Mamma!
I was thinking of using the orange in my wash to give my hair some real nice fragrance. I don't like the smell of the tea tree oil too much so I want something strong to cover it up. Ive also been spraying with thyme tea and that just smells like food LOL! You guys know of other oils that are nice and fragrant that will last??
I was also considering lemon or lime oil but the site I was looking at said sweet orange cuts down grease and I really need that :)

Island Mamma said:
It attracts the sun, I learned that one the hard way! Made some skin cream with a bit of orange oil in it and I got a sun burn. Try peppermint oil for dandruff and scalp issues, rosemary didn't work for me at all (sorry se)and since I've been using peppermint oil I have no scalp flakes, clumps, chunks or butter. I just add it to my baking soda rinse pour it on at the scalp and let it soak and then rinse. It feels really neat too.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
haha so forget my mom she'll have to get used to the peppermint :)nothing else has worked so far so I went out and got some peppermint oil..you say you put in in the baking soda wash, how much oil do you use in how much water? Island Mamma said:
Peppermint oil, cures scalp issues(grease and dandruff) and smells great and feels cool!
Jasmine is pretty too if you want to make a hair scent spray.I think all citrus will attract the sun.Lemon makes hair bleach.....if you just LOVE citrus maybe you could spray only the ends, avoiding the scalp....you just don't want a scalp sun burn ya know....
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
oh and by the way I use just under 3 cups of water...how many drop do you think I should use?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form