Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

sea salt, baking soda, and the whole crazy cave women look

Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
So I'm coming up on 4 weeks of dreading and I'm really looking like a cave women, some of my roots looping and making some of my dreads just kind look like their springing out of my head. I was wondering how many people have kinda had this ---> (just took these like 5 minutes ago)Today I've been poking around looking for an answer to my question within other peoples discussions and so forth. Maybe I'm just not looking right or I'm missing it but I was wonder:After you spray your hair with a salt water mixture and let it soak in for about an hour or two, is it ok to rinse it out with a baking soda rinse, let that soak a little, then wash it all out with just regular water? Because today's the day I should wash my hair but I also wanna try the sea salt just so i can see what it does for me.what are your thoughts/experiences?
updated by @cavewoman: 02/15/15 01:17:56PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
do u wear it pulled back in a ponytail often?? I think it looks great! On your other questions i really have no idea. That's all way more than i do. I just wash it and rip the sections apart. If i swim in the ocean it's just a plus! Many Blessings
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
actually ya i have to wear it back often for work, I guess I was also wondering if that will have any negative side effects on my progress. I've never actually used the sea salt yet, and in all honesty I'd rather just go to the beach, maybe tomorrow =D NaturalWomyn said:
do u wear it pulled back in a ponytail often?? I think it looks great! On your other questions i really have no idea. That's all way more than i do. I just wash it and rip the sections apart. If i swim in the ocean it's just a plus! Many Blessings
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
yea i hear ya it's good to try different things to figure out what works best for ya, nothin wrong with that! I'm just not that motivated!HA! So i'm thinkin the one you're pointing to is like that because of the ponytail?? My last set i had for a couple years and i wore it in a high ponytail all the time and they kinda formed weird. Maybe it was a freak thing but i couldn't wear them down comfortably. But a lot of people have to wear em up for work so just make sure u wear em down or in a tam when you're home. Also did u T&R? that could be it too. Maybe the roots unraveled a lil?? Either way don't worry they look great on ya! They are going to turn out beautiful!! Much Love
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yup thats a good way to go and just so u know us crazy cavemen have evolved a lil beyond clubbing and dragging off into caves:)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Just go to the beach and rinse the salt out of your hair after a couple of hours.
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
ya I did tnr. and i'm starting to notice alot of them unraveling at the root, in the middle, at the ends, their all different. I started to freak myself out about it this morning but I kept telling myself that everyone says they go through this scary "are they coming out" phase, so I'm just trying to not think about it haha. And whenever I'm not at work I take them down, and maybe their also super crazy because I covered my pillow in a wool parka?And to SE, that made me laugh pretty good. I would hope all you cavemen out there don't behave so primitively ;D and what did you mean by that's a good way to go? were you referring to my last question about the salt water and baking soda thing?Thanks for the support guys!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea i wasspray on wait awhile do the bs washwool pillowcase will make em wild but in a good way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
I wish it was going to be hotter tomorrow, i dont like going to the beach when it's so cold once you get in the water you can't get back out or you freeze haha GreyGargoyle said:
Just go to the beach and rinse the salt out of your hair after a couple of hours.
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
awesome =D thanks, I'm gunna try that today and I'll probably report back how it worked and felt. soaringeagle said:
yea i was

spray on wait awhile do the bs wash

wool pillowcase will make em wild but in a good way
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form