Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

nearing my one year dready bday

nicoleina
@nicoleina
14 years ago
9 posts
Aloha all!I haven't really had any dread advice or guidance and I am nearing their birthday!about my dreads: I have thin wavy hair. Backcombing to form them, that was the only time wax was used. I have done a little bit of crocheting (hated it!), lots of palm rolling and root rubbing. Used mostly sea salt/lavender oil spray and diluted Bronners. I have only 27 dreads, but now have so much loose hair between hoping to eventually turn that into a few more. I love my hair and want it to be in top shape at its birthday.about me: I'm from the Pacific Northwest. Used to work for Greenpeace, but quit to travel and live in the jungle in Hawaii. Temporarily I'm in Cincinnati coordinating a petition drive to stop animal cruelty on factory farms. After this, its a long road trip around the states, then back to the islands for the winter. I'm impulsive, idealistic, stubborn and my astrological birthday profile says I'm a"reluctant profit"cheers and thanks for the support!cole
updated by @nicoleina: 02/14/15 09:05:57AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
welcomeif u can u should comne by the gathering since your so closeandwellpalm rolling and root rubbing are pointless at best and counrterproductive and dammaging at worseid suggest u stop it all only seperate nothing elsethe loose hairs will dread on theyre own given time and if u stop messin with emwax use even once is bad id recomend u try the wax removal at top of front page just to be safe (they'll dread much faster too without the residues from wax) same goes for that gel u got use that only as a conditioner only when your really dry and brittlethe best thing u can do for your dreads is stop mesing with em almost entirelyonly seperating is recomendedoh since u fo animal cruelty stuff you'll be interersted to know the guy im caravanning to the gathering with is bringing his bear, hes been trained by a shaman to befreind wild animals and everytime he walks in the woods new ones follow him home hes living with a bear 15 beavers 12 chipmonks 8 otters an owl a few foxes the bear some deer turtles snakes umm i forget what else he wants to give me some beavers..the bear is a cuddle bear he takes her to day care centers and lets kids ride on her backand he sleeps on a couch cuddling with the bearit'll be interesting on a troad trip if we get pulled over "can i search your vehicle?" "sure officer but dont annoy my bear she gets grouchy around guns"

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Omega Yeti
@omega-yeti
14 years ago
20 posts
Welcome! glad you could join us.where abouts in the PNW are you from?
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
oh my gosh se, thats amazing! Wild animals come to him? And he was taught by a shaman (not many of those left) now i really wish i could make it to the gathering. soaringeagle said:
oh since u fo animal cruelty stuff you'll be interersted to know the guy im caravanning to the gathering with is bringing his bear, hes been trained by a shaman to befreind wild animals and everytime he walks in the woods new ones follow him home hes living with a bear 15 beavers 12 chipmonks 8 otters an owl a few foxes the bear some deer turtles snakes umm i forget what else he wants to give me some beavers..the bear is a cuddle bear he takes her to day care centers and lets kids ride on her back
and he sleeps on a couch cuddling with the bear
it'll be interesting on a troad trip if we get pulled over "can i search your vehicle?" "sure officer but dont annoy my bear she gets grouchy around guns"
nicoleina
@nicoleina
14 years ago
9 posts
thanks! where is the gathering this year? i have actually yet to make it to one and would love to. my dreads are really dry lately, ever since i left the islands.a bear, huh? well sounds like he is being far from cruel to this animal, given the cuddling and all! sounds a bit like a tom robbins plot if you ask me...blessings soaringeagle said:
welcome
if u can u should comne by the gathering since your so close
and
well
palm rolling and root rubbing are pointless at best and counrterproductive and dammaging at worse
id suggest u stop it all only seperate nothing else
the loose hairs will dread on theyre own given time and if u stop messin with em
wax use even once is bad id recomend u try the wax removal at top of front page just to be safe (they'll dread much faster too without the residues from wax) same goes for that gel u got use that only as a conditioner only when your really dry and brittle

the best thing u can do for your dreads is stop mesing with em almost entirely
only seperating is recomended

oh since u fo animal cruelty stuff you'll be interersted to know the guy im caravanning to the gathering with is bringing his bear, hes been trained by a shaman to befreind wild animals and everytime he walks in the woods new ones follow him home hes living with a bear 15 beavers 12 chipmonks 8 otters an owl a few foxes the bear some deer turtles snakes umm i forget what else he wants to give me some beavers..the bear is a cuddle bear he takes her to day care centers and lets kids ride on her back
it'll be interesting on a troad trip if we get pulled over "can i search your vehicle?" "sure officer but dont annoy my bear she gets grouchy around guns"
nicoleina
@nicoleina
14 years ago
9 posts
i was born in port angeles, raised in port townsend- lived all over the pennisula and went to college in bellingham... you? Yeti said:
Welcome! glad you could join us.
where abouts in the PNW are you from?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i love tom robbinsthe gatherings western pa not far from ohio border nwalleghjeny national forrest ill have more exact directio0ns tonight maybe tomoro..real soon they'll be posted in the events nicoleina said:
thanks! where is the gathering this year? i have actually yet to make it to one and would love to. my dreads are really dry lately, ever since i left the islands.

a bear, huh? well sounds like he is being far from cruel to this animal, given the cuddling and all! sounds a bit like a tom robbins plot if you ask me...

blessings

soaringeagle said:
welcome
if u can u should comne by the gathering since your so close
and
well
palm rolling and root rubbing are pointless at best and counrterproductive and dammaging at worse
id suggest u stop it all only seperate nothing else
the loose hairs will dread on theyre own given time and if u stop messin with em
wax use even once is bad id recomend u try the wax removal at top of front page just to be safe (they'll dread much faster too without the residues from wax) same goes for that gel u got use that only as a conditioner only when your really dry and brittle

the best thing u can do for your dreads is stop mesing with em almost entirely
only seperating is recomended

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
How'd you like Port Angeles? I'm moving up to Washington next year. I can't wait.Might go to either Port Angeles, Olympia or something else in Clallam county Washington. nicoleina said:
i was born in port angeles, raised in port townsend- lived all over the pennisula and went to college in bellingham... you?

Yeti said:
Omega Yeti
@omega-yeti
14 years ago
20 posts
Forks, born and raised (spent some time in Illinois and moved back) Port Angeles is our closest "city". Truly a beautiful area, glad to see some locals floating around out there. nicoleina said:
i was born in port angeles, raised in port townsend- lived all over the pennisula and went to college in bellingham... you?

Yeti said:
nicoleina
@nicoleina
14 years ago
9 posts
GG- Port Angeles is magical. It doesn't rain like Seattle does, you have the bay, the Olympics right behind you, sailing, crabbing, & down to earth people. Enjoy the NW, I miss it every second I'm gone. GreyGargoyle said:
How'd you like Port Angeles? I'm moving up to Washington next year. I can't wait.
Might go to either Port Angeles, Olympia or something else in Clallam county Washington.

nicoleina said:

Yeti said:
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form