Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How many Dreadlocks do you have?

Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
I have super thick hair and would like to keep my dreadlocks on the skinnier side--was wondering how many dreadlocks you folks have? Also when you have thicker hair does it lend itself more towards skinny or fatter dreadlocks? My hair is so thick I already have a hard time finding a hair band to wrap around my ponytail more than twice pre-dreadlocks.
updated by @mama-harrison: 02/04/18 01:46:39AM
Ciaralynne Altiery
@ciaralynne-altiery
14 years ago
19 posts
well my hair is very thin and my dreads are quite thin too. I have 27. My boyfriend has really thick hair. His dreads are big and he has 47. It's not fair lol. I think that you could either do thick or thin. with my experience helping my boyfriend do his, the thinner-medium dreads (he only has a couple) Hold alot better then the really thick ones.
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
I am thinking I am going to have at least 60--I am going to have a hairstylist friend section my hair soon--perhaps at the end of the month and then we will see!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
why have a stylist sectiojn just stop combing 2 weeks anfdd the hair will section itselfthats the best sectioning for your hair not forced your hairsd natural sectioningnow i have super thick hairi originaly had like 200 or sowell probly started at 75 bot over the years became 200 and when i found 30 more babies i let em congo at willnot i have like 50-80 i dunnomaybe less cause more congoednone are thicker then an inchnow if u want thin keep sections between 1/4 and 1/2 inchthicks 3/4 to 1 inchyou dont want bands at least not after 2 days maxand hairdresser sectioning will lead to too unifoerm they wont blend wellthey should be all different sizes within a range its ok to keep em all between 1/4 and 1/2 but just that lil varierty will makme em blend more naturalyyour natural sectioning tendency will be youir best guidesince it sections exactly where the hair wants to on its own

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ciaralynne Altiery
@ciaralynne-altiery
14 years ago
19 posts
that's sweet. I hope you have fun and enjoy them. And SE I'm all for the natural way and I probably would of done it myself , But some people like the look of the "made" ones. Or sometimes people just dont have the patience to do them the natural way. Dana will learn on her own. Life is all about trial and error, That's how you gain some knowledge. I'm sure she is aware that stylist's probably aren't the best people to go to for locks but it's her decision as far as how she wants her dreads. I love your advice though and I think it's nice that you care about all of the users on this site. As for you dana, Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
yea--so I guess I will probably have over 100 then...I have super thick hair. I am not planning on leaving bands in my hair at all--I want it sectioned so that it is easier to keep stray hairs out of the dreadlock I am working on TnRing as I will be doing it without a mirror and very interrupted by my daughters needs--so--pre sectioned/banded hair = easy to pick up where i leave off. how would i go about natural sectioning--i do notice that when I have swam in the ocean my hair naturally sections very easily--should I just use this as my way to section? I know i won't have much, if any control over how my dreadlocks grow, but I am hoping that i won't get a bunch of congo-ing because I really like thinner dreadlocks--just my preference.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if you did the natural sectioning u just dont comb a week or 2 and it will section if any are too thick split em but if the roots are 1/4-1/2 inch they'll be thin but strong enoughwhentheyre long i might let a few congo for strengthand yea with alot its hard to not get an accidental congo or 2

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I have like 35ish. When I did my sectioning I just let the hairs go where they seemed to want to, so mine are several different sizes.
Marcus Nappy
@marcus-nappy
14 years ago
30 posts
I have 85 clumps of hair that I call almostdreads.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form