Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dying my roots brown

tasha2
@tasha2
14 years ago
36 posts
I started about 1 month ago so still have lots to go but I do see baby dreads forming. I changed my hair color from blonde to a brown closer to my natural color before starting this process b/c I knew I'd have to wait to dye my roots. But my roots are coming in with LOTS of grey and I hate it! I really want to dye my roots only and wonder if there is any real strong reason that I shouldn't. I plan on getting a more natural dye from the health food store and try to just get it on my roots. Then I plan on washing it out with BS and ACV. I've just been washing with BS and my hair is getting pretty dry. Wondering if anyone has any idea if the brown dye will make my hair (not the roots) even more dry and possibly damage them. I know that bleach damages but I'm hoping that the brown dye won't be as drying and damaging.Also wondering if the washing out of the dye will be too much for my baby dreads to "handle"... Thanks for your help :)
updated by @tasha2: 01/13/15 08:36:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u might want to read our new dying dreads guide (links over there---> )theres many non dye plant based options that might be betterofcourse the best options just to let the hair go natural as it wants to a lil grey never hurt noone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tasha2
@tasha2
14 years ago
36 posts
Thanks SE. that link was very helpful! Just to be sure I get it though, no matter what method I choose to do (although the natural route for brown seems best....and maybe fun koolaid colors later!) I really need to wait to do anything until my locks are tight, right? Or, can I just do the thyme and sage at anytime and just gently rinse out all the dye. Since it is natural I'm guessing that I may not have to worry if some is left behind until the next washing (unlike the chemical one where I realize it all needs to get rinsed out). Since Henna is more potent, I'd probably have to wait on that one?If you don't mind, can you just tell me real quick how to make the sage/thyme tea? thanks! soaringeagle said:
u might want to read our new dying dreads guide (links over there---> )
theres many non dye plant based options that might be better
ofcourse the best options just to let the hair go natural as it wants to a lil grey never hurt noone
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
If one where to dye with regular store bought dye, how can I be sure that I wash everything out after the process?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u gotta wash extremely well probly the baking soda mix and a soap wash toosome ppl say dont use the conditioner that comes with the dye but i think it kinda deactivates the dye so u might want to use it even tho it can loosen them lil if theyre too new

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form