Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Best/Worst washing methods

Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
So I've been using this 100%natural shampoo called Renpure: And I feel like my hairs been unraveling a little (I know, it happens but i still worry a little haha) and I'm wondering if these shampoos could have anything to do with it.So I wanted to ask: What ways/products for washing dreads (shampoos, bars, baking soda, etc...) seems to help them lock up more or are just your preferred way of doing it?
updated by @cavewoman: 01/13/15 08:36:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dr bronners or baking soda is preffered by most whats the ingrediants of those?i just got 3 bars from out new dread shampoo shop (click dread shops button at tiop of page) i'll be reviewing them this weekendthey sure smell nice and are vegan made by 1 of our new members (libby)maybe stop using that and truy the baking soda for now ?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
When I did the bs wash it made mine start to unravel more than usual, but I'm pretty sure I just mixed it in the wrog ratios. I did the same thing when I first used dr. Bronners but I think Ive got it down now, because when I get done washing they actually feel tighter.

Knottysleeves said:
Read the various posts (there are tons) here on the forum about washing and products.Almost all commercial shampoos contain ingredients that you don't want in your dreads, will make your hairs slippery, and will leave residues.The most popular dread washes are the baking soda / ACV mix, natural soap bars, or dish detergent.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
feel free to write up a revised..i do say experimentoh and dreads tend to loosen 1st then tighten so it maybe was just the natural tendency

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Fush
@fush
14 years ago
19 posts
I've been using an Organic Shampoo as well as the Baking Soda washes, I found the baking soda was really irritating my scalp when I was using it frequently (I believe someone posted a topic about it a while back, they were getting yellow scaby-things I had a bit of that going on so I decided to ease up on it a bit).The Shampoo is A Green Tea-Lime Called "Kiss my Face" It doesn't leave any residues and it's all natural oils It's been working quite well for me. I use that for regular washes and then do Baking soda once every two weeks or so.So maybe try alternating? It's been working really well for me because I don't think it's the shampoo that makes your hair knott up, but rather how clean it is. Mine unraveled a bit at first, but I'm into my second month now and everything's tightened up a bit more. So what you're doings probably fine Just make sure there aren't any funky sounding chemicals in the ingredients.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form