Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I don't have any experience in starting over but what I would do is just shave your head. Nothing more natural than starting over entirely from completely new hair growth but that is just me and since you're a girl that task can be a daunting one. You would have to be pretty damn ballsy to do it! But I saw a girl on here who has done it and I'm sure she can help you by talking you through it. If you do it this way then I'd recommend shaving it the day before you go to the rainbow gathering. Just because it would be nice to be around people who aren't so judgmental for the first few weeks, it won't be so bad after you get some roots to grow out. But like I said, this is only if you're really serious about starting completely over and I don't entirely recommend it for a girl, people would probably be very hard on you. But then again you could wear a hat, might make ya look a little tom boyish though. :P OR you could just cut your hair down and leave the roots only. That way it won't be so terrible and within a few months you'd be ready to dread. =D Good luck!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
comb em out it will take time take your time do it gently as can be tons of conditioner or olive oilhow did u start this time and what made u decide to start over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Wow, I will be truly impressed if you go through with that. :P Good luck.If you do shave then I can maybe help talk you through the initial growing stages because I am dreading from a shaved head as well. =DOh and KnottySleeves, nothing wrong with being a tom boy. =D Lisa McRae said:
Hmm, I think I'll cut them, possibly shave. I don't want my dreads to be thin in the end, if I shave my head then it will grow out nice and thick. Thanks for all the imput :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if your gonna cut cut dont shave try to save at least an inch or 2 or more keep in mind the shorter u cut the longer till your dreads returnso as much hair as u can save the bettermaybe comb out and then see if u wanna cut/shave based on how the combed out hair is after a couple weeks recovery time? Lisa McRae said:
No of course not, I've always been a tomboy. I never had any girlfriends. I'm just worried about one thing, isn't it itchy to shave your head?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Nope, not at all, lol. Lisa McRae said:
No of course not, I've always been a tomboy. I never had any girlfriends. I'm just worried about one thing, isn't it itchy to shave your head?
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Oh and another thing that you might want to do is keep one dread to remind you of what you're working to. It will be easier that way but it's up to you in the end. =)
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
You sound like you can handle it. =) Good luck.Five months in from a shaved head and I don't think that I even have a single baby dread yet. But I know that good things are coming my way, so soon I will have one. I hope. =)
Ati Kohunui
@ati-kohunui
14 years ago
18 posts
Kiaora just like to add to that natural dreading to me is the best and only way too have or get dreads uno that it was done frm just leaving ur hair, havin the option to separate them or leave them fat skinny rugged n wateva they kum out lookin ur no u did it ur wae the natural wae thats how all rastamon didit bk in ma tyme no wun was makin dreads til later so yea ma opinion is to go natural oh combing out ur hair mite save u tyme agreed with soaring eagle on that wun so yeah thanx for readin ma panui
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
Lisa McRae said:
After talking it over with the husband, I am going to shave. Thank you Grey for the help and encouragement, how long have you grown you hair so far, and how long did it take?

I'm thinking of taking pictures everyday for a year to make one of those timelasp videos. Looking forward to my complete fresh start.
I wish you well on your journey lisa, i started from a shaved head too (not by choice!)yes it feels nasty for ages and ages but when they dread up you know that you did it (or should i say it did it?) theres also nothing more punk rock than a girly with a baldy heid!
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
seems to me from reading the discussion that the idea of shaving/starting all over got into your head and nothing can persuade you otherwise. i just want to say be careful if its not one of those mad decisions that wont go away until its done and u gonna regret it as soon as u do it.personally i cant see 1 reason to cut out your dreads, they r awesome and its gonna take minimum of 2 years to grow it back and its gonna look like it looks now more less, with 2 killed years... it is very possible u gonna be deeply dissapointed as well because it might not be exactly as u imagened it (because it seems to be the case with your current dreads...) just an opinion. think about it..;)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form