Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Job Interview

GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I have a job interview in about an hour and a half at...don't laugh!...dun dun daaa...Taco Bell. It's inside of a truck stop so it's going to be interesting. Anyways, I'm going in with the messiest hair...haha, oh well. Wish me luck.
updated by @greygargoyle: 02/14/15 07:44:40AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
smooth it out wear a headband

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I patted it down just a tiny bit. I think I got the job but my background check has to come through first. My hair wasn't mentioned. He said he liked my attitude. haha.Oh and the job interview wasn't for the Taco Bell. It was for both, Burger King and Taco Bell.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Exactly! I'm talking to Tate, momma has dreads son. We've been talking about how he lives and I'm still wanting to do that but I need money to support my women, haha!But I had a question for anyone who can ask.Boss man said I gotta wear a baseball hat. Will that affect how my dreads grow?Because I recall SE saying that the guy from Steel Pulse, his dreads were affected because of the hats that he wore. I'm thinking that I will wear a bandana under the hat and I'll wear the hat kinda loose.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hats fine as long as its not 24/7 and umm legaly he cannot ask u to wear a hat.. you can voluntarily if you dont mind it but legaly the courts have already set precidence that employers cannot require you to cover your dreadsjust saying go ahead if thats ok with you but..you dont have to

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I think it's okay for now because my hair is so short. But he didn't specifically say that I have to wear a hat. Everyone who works there has to wear a hat, including him. We have to wear black shoes, black pants, a black TA shirt and a black or tan baseball hat, I think that's just mandatory because we're going to be working around food. soaringeagle said:
hats fine as long as its not 24/7 and umm legaly he cannot ask u to wear a hat.. you can voluntarily if you dont mind it but legaly the courts have already set precidence that employers cannot require you to cover your dreads

just saying go ahead if thats ok with you but..you dont have to
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ah i see i thought u meant he was making u wera it because u were dreading..well thats different GreyGargoyle said:
I think it's okay for now because my hair is so short. But he didn't specifically say that I have to wear a hat. Everyone who works there has to wear a hat, including him. We have to wear black shoes, black pants, a black TA shirt and a black or tan baseball hat, I think that's just mandatory because we're going to be working around food.

soaringeagle said:
hats fine as long as its not 24/7 and umm legaly he cannot ask u to wear a hat.. you can voluntarily if you dont mind it but legaly the courts have already set precidence that employers cannot require you to cover your dreads

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Nah, I didn't mention dreads because I know that I won't have any for a while. Plus if I wear a hat then he won't even see em anyways so no big deal.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
This kind of sux. I got the job, lol. I should be happy about it but not really. I'm going to work in like four and a half hours. I couldn't get any sleep. I won't be able to go to the rainbow gathering this year and I won't be able to move to Washington either...the plans are still the same but they're being put on hold for six months to year...blah.Not really happy about it. Especially because I know how money is these days, goes faster than it comes. I'll be saving for a year and I don't think I'll be much better off than if I had just went next month...I mean I'll have a crappy car that costs too much to feed. I might be able to afford the stuff that I need but that won't leave me with much more than it would if I had just moved there next month...blah, maybe it will be better than I think though...hopefully.
Knotty Dread
@knotty-dread
13 years ago
1 posts

soaringeagle said:

Actually if it's part of their "uniform" you are required to wear the hat...and if you're working in a food service establishment and you're preparing the food then yeah, you need a hairnet or some type of cover.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form