Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

is it bad to wash dreads everyday O__o

joey osorio
@joey-osorio
14 years ago
14 posts
so i have had my dreads for about 12 days and i wash them all the time (i just wash it with water) so the frizziness and bed hair look alittle bit more tamed then they would by any chance though is it a bad thing also ive only washed my hair with soap twice and etc.another question i have is although they look alittle bit more tamed when i got them there still very loose especially at the roots is this a good thing also if its normal when do you think they will tighten up
updated by @joey-osorio: 01/13/15 08:35:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
washing daily might not let them dry enough and iu might mold i would wash every 3 days at most unless u dry very thouroughly betweenroots are normal dont worryhow did u "get dreads?"use soap it wont hurt u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Libby
@libby
14 years ago
14 posts
I agree, washing with soap wont hurt none, but I dont think I would wash every day. I feel like every 3 days is a good idea too. I hear stories about mold...scares me! LOLI found in the beginning of my dread journey that if I wash once a week like I was told to do my dreads didnt want to lock up. Once I listened to my hair and washed when it was dirty I noticed they locked up a lot faster. Greasy nasty hair just slips past each other and wont lock up. That was my experience anyways.
Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts
by wash do you guys mean get wet and rinse? or do you mean it in a using dr. bronners diluted ratio recomended by SE? I try and spray it with sea salt, then rinse it an hour or two later, and every few days use the dr bronners when i rinse and massage my scalp.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
if u get em wet daily u are askinmg for mold

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts
so a shower cap? I just get in and get my hair as little wet as possible lol.
Vincent G
@vincent-g
13 years ago
11 posts

I have been washing my hair once a week for almost two years and last summer I didn't use any shampoo at all, just ocean water.

Im the kind of person who does physical jobs and who does a lot of sports.
Believe it or not, but they never felt greasy, never smelled and they locked-up pretty fast.

peace!

Ashley Cugz
@ashley-cugz
13 years ago
2 posts
is there a chance of mold if you sleep with wet dreads??
Vincent G
@vincent-g
13 years ago
11 posts
Yes there is.
Even wearing a hat or beani a few hours after washing is taking risks.
The best thing to do is to wash em in the morning to make sure they have enough time to dry.

Ashley Cugz said:
Ashley Cugz
@ashley-cugz
13 years ago
2 posts
Awesome thanks! :) I was having trouble finding a clear yes or no answer

Vincent G said:
Yes there is.
Even wearing a hat or beani a few hours after washing is taking risks.
The best thing to do is to wash em in the morning to make sure they have enough time to dry.

Ashley Cugz said:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form