Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The journey begins..

Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Just started yesterday, seems like they are locked up nice via twist and rip. I'll keep you update as I finish, as I am doing it mostly myself at this point.

I have a few that are twice the size if not more than these two....I am unsure about my sizing and its freaking me out!

Few updated pics as I keep SLOWLY adding more...

Whatcha think so far?Pretty much my one week update, Went camping this weekend at Sublime weekend at Nelson Ledges, and completely forgot I had hair. This is what they are lookin like now..

So its been....I don't know....6 weeksish? I figured I would post up another few shots to see what you guys think :)

The last one makes me look like a have a huge bald spot, and although there is a space there, in my defense I had my hair up at work for 12 hours and spent the last 4 wearing a tam, so they are just all crazy right now :0
updated by @jake-holland: 02/06/18 03:09:53AM
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
And yes I know you all love my clip with a bow in it....Its the only one I could find laying around from the ex lol
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I have like 6 more going since these pics, I will get some better ones this weekend. I also made a super fatty in the back...well super fatty compared to the other ones.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I don't know anything about T & R but you have great hair for dreading!! I don't think you need to stress too much about the sizing tho, they'll sort themselves out. You can always just let them congo later on if u want them thicker? Great Start! <3
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Yeah I keep bouncing from caring and not. Either way I am going to do different sizes, even if not by much. NaturalWomyn said:
I don't know anything about T & R but you have great hair for dreading!! I don't think you need to stress too much about the sizing tho, they'll sort themselves out. You can always just let them congo later on if u want them thicker? Great Start! <3
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I'm also worried that I have to wear my hair up in a ponytail at work. Is this going to cause me any issues with my locks being in their infancy.
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Yeah as soon as I leave I take them down. I had one of the big ones in the back pretty much unravel all the way down so I just delicately finished its removal. It was one of the first ones I did and I didn't quite grasp it yet. The others are coming along though. Lisa McRae said:
Nah, I used to work with food 12 hours a day 5 days a week in the beginning stages of my dreads. I had my hair back for all of it, just make sure it's not really tight around, I got an elastic and put it around my dreads once just so they would be at the back of my head, not actually tied, or if they get long enough, tie them together with your dreads :)
Having them tied up for long periods of time causes them to eat each other a lot faster then normal so separate often and you'll be fine :)

Jake Holland said:
I'm also worried that I have to wear my hair up in a ponytail at work. Is this going to cause me any issues with my locks being in their infancy.
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
hmm
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Well....I am almost done with them all, I still have some hair on my neckline to do but my arms are beat! I love them and can't wait to see what they do.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
i would just really be sure to wear them in a low ponytail and down/in a hat ANY other time that u can. My last set i wore in a higher tight ponytail ALL the time and they formed in a way that i couldn't wear them down comfortably(after a year and a half). It was weird and maybe it was just me, other people may be fine doing that. A low pony at your neck should be no problem though. <3 Jake Holland said:

updated by @naturalwomyn: 07/23/15 03:20:08PM
 / 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form