Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wax not so bad?

Hunter O'Rourke
@hunter-orourke
14 years ago
13 posts
so yesterday i met these two people with dreadlocks. they had nice long beautiful dreads... so i asked them if when they started if they waxed or not... they both waxed at the beginning and over time just stopped waxing... so i mean in all and all i dont think wax can be as bad as everyone makes it out to but.. i means sure.. if it really does stunt the growth of them then yeah.. but insta-dreads especially if you want them to look insta-alright... and yeah dreadhq may be f***ed up with shitty chems but knotty boy lists all their ingredients which are all natural so... think about that... i mean these were two unbiased people off the street
updated by @hunter-orourke: 02/04/18 04:00:53AM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
lol...eye roll emoticon or face palm emote would be great right now.Nobody is stopping you from using wax. The forum has warned you that's all.You want to wax, go ahead. It's your hair. You'll either like it or you'll hate it in the end.All we can do is say that we told ya so...In the end they stopped using wax. If you don't have to use wax to get dreads then why would you use it? Just go ahead and try it out for yourself....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how stiff were they how heavy howed they smell can you tell how healthy dreads are by how they look? did they move or were they stiffhow much dirts trapped insidehow much longer did they take to dreadall u know is they waxed..whats that prove? nothing lots and lots of people fall for the wax scam so congrats u met 2 more victims

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hunter O'Rourke
@hunter-orourke
14 years ago
13 posts
they were soft she flipped her hair and it flowed soaringeagle said:
how stiff were they how heavy howed they smell can you tell how healthy dreads are by how they look? did they move or were they stiff
how much dirts trapped inside
how much longer did they take to dread

all u know is they waxed..whats that prove? nothing lots and lots of people fall for the wax scam so congrats u met 2 more victims
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats surprising most wax dreads will stand straight up wont even droop with gravityhow old were theyif u want to know how bad wax is just look inside a waxy dread thats been cut offonce its in there it never comes out unless u use extreme efort to remove oytwhy dont u remove the wax from a few dreads and see after u love the difference u can remove it from the rest if u like the sticky dreads u can always sticky them up againbut think about thisthey say use no residuesthe thread below this is someone having a hell of a time removing soap residues from a non residue soap and its takintg weeks to remove soapwax is designed to not be removed if soaps so hard to remove imagine how hard wax is thats why i told u ypur best bet is comb them out remove the wax and start overoh also were they black? black peoples hairs lil more forgiving to wax..its still not good but they have less issues with tiny ammounts

--
Hunter O'Rourke
@hunter-orourke
14 years ago
13 posts
yeah she mentioned that about hers with the wax in the center but i mean im sure its no biggie to grow them out and cut off the old ones... soaringeagle said:
thats surprising most wax dreads will stand straight up wont even droop with gravity

how old were they

if u want to know how bad wax is just look inside a waxy dread thats been cut off
once its in there it never comes out unless u use extreme efort to remove oyt

why dont u remove the wax from a few dreads and see after u love the difference u can remove it from the rest if u like the sticky dreads u can always sticky them up again

but think about this
they say use no residues
the thread below this is someone having a hell of a time removing soap residues from a non residue soap and its takintg weeks to remove soap

wax is designed to not be removed if soaps so hard to remove imagine how hard wax is thats why i told u ypur best bet is comb them out remove the wax and start over

oh also were they black? black peoples hairs lil more forgiving to wax..its still not good but they have less issues with tiny ammounts
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
why would u grtow em out to chop em off when u can remove the wax and start off right?you realize they shrink before they grow and to get to the length theyre at now will take a couple years or so? your gonna chop off 3 years growth to avoid 1 weeks wasted progreess when they'll progress much faster wax free?or even if u dont start over with a lot of effort u can just get the wax out and they'll dread nmuch better and u wont have to cut em off Hunter O'Rourke said:
yeah she mentioned that about hers with the wax in the center but i mean im sure its no biggie to grow them out and cut off the old ones...

soaringeagle said:
thats surprising most wax dreads will stand straight up wont even droop with gravity

how old were they

if u want to know how bad wax is just look inside a waxy dread thats been cut off

why dont u remove the wax from a few dreads and see after u love the difference u can remove it from the rest if u like the sticky dreads u can always sticky them up again

but think about this
they say use no residues
the thread below this is someone having a hell of a time removing soap residues from a non residue soap and its takintg weeks to remove soap

wax is designed to not be removed if soaps so hard to remove imagine how hard wax is thats why i told u ypur best bet is comb them out remove the wax and start over

oh also were they black? black peoples hairs lil more forgiving to wax..its still not good but they have less issues with tiny ammounts

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Wax...isn't that what girls do before they go to the beach?...Just go wax if you want to so bad. You wanna argue, go try it out, bud.Let us know how it goes. Hunter O'Rourke said:
yeah she mentioned that about hers with the wax in the center but i mean im sure its no biggie to grow them out and cut off the old ones...

soaringeagle said:

how old were they

but think about this
they say use no residues

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Here is a picture of dreadlocks that were kept waxed. *Side note: I don't have wax in any of my own dreadlocks and never intend on using wax. The picture above is someone I know of and that is what her dreadlocks looked like with wax.*
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
i used wax and i love my dreads
 / 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form