Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What if I work-out and swim a lot?

Hans Criteanu
@hans-criteanu
14 years ago
32 posts
I've always wanted to have dreads and I thought that ordering Johnny Clean's dread kit was the answer to my dreams. After I recieved the kit, but before I made any hasty decisions, I found your site. I've completely converted. I'm sending Johnny his kit back (although I might keep the residue-free shampoo) and going the natural route.I've read through most of your discussions and I think I get the idea, but I'm left wondering if my lifestyle will undermine my attempt at getting dready. You see, I work-out regularly (e.g. I get extremely sweaty and require a shower) and I also like to swim during the summer months. Will my hair dread if I shower every day? I read about not using shampoo every time, can I maybe work in water-only washes? What about swimming; will chlorine and other crap in pool water funk my hair up?
updated by @hans-criteanu: 02/03/18 06:22:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its just fine to wet or wash daily only reason not to when theyre tight is they dry slow so just be extra careful to dry fully before tying up or putting in a tam.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i did mean to add that u should at least rince out chlotine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I work out every other day but I don't swim. Don't worry about it cause your hair will dread. I would rather swim in natural lakes or the ocean if I were you. Chlorine is just nasty.
Hans Criteanu
@hans-criteanu
14 years ago
32 posts
Thanks for the help guys. I guess I thought wetness or washing would somehow undermine the locking process... And I'll be sure to immediately wash out chlorine (same as always; that stuff IS nasty)Grey: I live in Pittsburgh; we don't really have lake or ocean access and I'd rather not sacrifice swimming alltogether...
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
My dreads are 5 weeks old..did twist and rip and even though I have seen alot of people say that their t&r's came unravled..I get my hair wet in the shower everyday..and I use dr. b's shampoo every other day..mine are still knotted up very tightly. So like everyone said..don't worry about it at all.
Randi2
@randi2
13 years ago
28 posts
I've been wondering this same thing so I'm glad u asked! I run everyday and was wondering how that was gonna play out with not washing my hair that often! I just dreaded last week though and so I've only washed it twice and that's seemed to do fine
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form