Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sophisticated Dread Styles?

MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
I have a few formal events coming up. Wedding, anniversary celebration, etc. While some of the formal dread styles I have seen on here are pretty, does anyone have anything they do with their dreads that is a little more sophisticated? I am looking for something that would work for formal or an office event - like my husband's Christmas party later this year (I know - long time from now.)I have had short hair for like 20 YEARS and am used to a real sophisticated, no fuss style. I love my longer hair & baby dreads, but feel like a hair "virgin" LOL! Not quite sure what to do with this mess for something "fancy-shmancy". My hair is just long enough now in the back to put in a REALLY small ponytail - and layered. If I pull the sides down straight, they are just starting to brush my shoulders, but usually are "kinked" up - Just to give you an idea of the length I am dealing with. Does anyone have any pictures, website suggestions or just plain suggestions???? Thanks!
updated by @midread: 01/13/15 08:35:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
start at front sides pulling dreads up towards centerline towards back weave and tucking so u get a criss cross tuck pattern down the center with everything pulled up and in tight from the sides finnish off with a braid in backim making it up as i describe it i can picture it in my mind tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u could also do the princess leia (however its spelled i might not be nerdy enough) double bun thing looks super cute with shortish dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Thanks everyone! These are really very helpful!! Lots of good ideas!!!
Amber Eyes
@amber-eyes
14 years ago
8 posts
Hi, we have about the same length hair I twist my hair tight in a french twist and hold it in place with a pin. I love to use flower and feather clips for any sparse area's. If it's to short to pull back, I put the clip off to the side holding a few dready's out of my eyes. I hope that helps. Good luck and have a blast. pEace... :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form