Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlock styles for Prom

Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
ok everyone, so my senior prom is coming up (next saturday the 15th to be exact) and i really, really need a decent hairstyle for it. this is kinda urgent lol. the locks are usually down or in a headband as you can see in my most recent pics but i really need something nice and different. any ideas or suggestions would be great. :)btw if you need more pics so you can see what i'm working with in more detail lmk and i'll take some. thanks!
updated by @ivan: 01/13/15 08:34:52PM
Traelon
@traelon
14 years ago
29 posts
Get a headband that perfectly matches you and your date and pull your hair back. I know you said you don't want that but it would match and look pretty bomblol.
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
that's a good idea, still need others though so i can keep my options open. thanks though bro. Traelion said:
Get a headband that perfectly matches you and your date and pull your hair back. I know you said you don't want that but it would match and look pretty bomblol.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
take the dreads fron the sides roll them towards the back wrapping dreads around from the back as u go till u have 2 twisted thingies on either side towards the back pulling em all into them, then just tie em off in the back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
For my prom I went out and got a bunch of little silver rings and put like 8 or 9 (2 or 3 for your length) per dread, just spaced em out all kinds of crazy, and then I thru on a little headband (like the one in the pic with you fishing) and rocked out!! or just wrapping them in multi-toned embroidery thread that matches your suit and her dress, and then just pulling them back. Or just pony tail it and try to find something nifty to stick in at the hair tie, like a small twig with a leaf or bud on it, or something like a charm from a craft store, or even tie in a glass rose that matches you both in color.
oshinn
@oshinn
14 years ago
21 posts
this pic looks super groovy but a lot of work

or something like this

there's another pic i want to find but can't find... the girl has her dreads swirled like in a beehive, but it looks really cool.
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
that first one is pretty fuckin' sick. oshinn said:
this pic looks super groovy but a lot of work

or something like this

there's another pic i want to find but can't find... the girl has her dreads swirled like in a beehive, but it looks really cool.
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
damn knottysleeves, this is an awesome find. thanks so much. :) Knottysleeves said:
Alden, that must've looked really cool!

There's an awesome photo group on Flickr called "Dreadstyles and Updos" that might give you some ideas:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/dreadstyles/
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form