Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Not dread related but I am so scared I am gonna lose my little brother.... Help!

☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
Long story short....I have suspected that my little brother was dealing with a drug problem a year ago and tried to convince my parents they needed to talk to him. Well he has spoon fed them lie after lie and convinced my mom ( who doesn't want to believe it's true) that he isn't doing anything but smoking pot and the occasional ciggy. Well I happened to comment on a friend of mine from high school who used to be very good friends with my brother and she sent me a message saying she had heard some things and wanted to know how he was doing. I asked what she had heard and she told me that her and some other former friends of his were planning and intervention but when they learned that my parents weren't doing anything and that it had escalated to where it is now. They felt it was too dangerous for a bunch of kids to try and do something and had to abandon the idea. This was a year ago. Last week a former friend Dan called her and said that he was shooting Heroin and some other hard drugs but she couldn't remember what. I found a rolled up dollar bill tucked behind his ear that smelled funny and so I am pretty sure Cocaine is another one of those hard drugs. He has lost a ton of weight he is 5'10"ish and about 140lbs maybe... His girlfriend just sleeps all day at my parents house I told them they need to kick her out. Her home situation is awful but she has done nothing but ruin his life and hold him back from his great potential. I am scared and not sure what more to do. I have made it very clear to my parents that I am serious that there is a problem and have gone to my aunt and older cousin for advice. They are in 100% support of getting him help but my parents are too afraid of how it will make them look or something. They have a lot going on right now. Major financial stress and I think they are so worried about losing everything they are not going to deal with this problem because they can't afford it. But in my opinion losing a son is a lot more serious than losing your house move to an apartment or smaller house or whatever... I am terrified I am going to lose my brother and if anything happens it will probably kill my mother... Her health is already scaring me. If there is any places or people you guys recommend to get him the help he desperately needs. I have no idea how to go about dealing with something like this and I am trying to get as much information together as possible.It has been confirmed that he is doing Heroin, Meth, Acid, and Ecstasy and dealing Heroin and Ecstacy. As of two weeks ago.
updated by @izzy-licious: 02/14/15 11:02:59AM
Sophehhh
@sophehhh
14 years ago
11 posts
Hey, sounds a bit grim, but when ur on drugs you dont really want to listen to anyone as u yourself feel you dont have a problem, i did alot of drugs between the age of 13 and 18 and completly messed my head up with them, my aunt was worried about me and always shouted and tried sending me to rehab but nothing worked with me, i eventually learnt myself that i was damaging my health and decided to quit for myself, im not sure if crowding him and telling him what he should do will do any good, when i was on drugs i didnt care about other peoples feelings and views,, and when people gave me any advice i would purposly ignore it,I wish you luck, i have lost alot of close friends due to drug abuse and its not worth the risk, i hope he'll realise that he is better than that, so long as you stay close to him and know you are there if he needs you and hopefully he will grow out of the drug problem.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok heroin meth extacy are all extremely bad acid not so bad but considering his issues he shouldnt be messing with that eitheri can recomend 1 option thats free but i need to get ahold of someone, its called hippie hill just a lil community run by a guy i know real nice guy unfortunately has no counceling other then peer suport and the kids in trouble are expected to help out (they run a free kitchen for the greatter community)other options are to try to convince him to go into rehab and if that fails well therees ways to force itt but u probly dont wanna mess with a messy court order situation unless theres no other optionheroin is a bitch to beat and getting into a methadone programs not always easy and the weening off can take a long long timetheres inpatient and oitpatient optionsbut this cannot be ignored you mucst 1st try to convince him to get help you and all his freinds past and pressent should have an intervention..if that fails you can attend an na meeting yourself get advice on how t deal with ittheres also the possibility of just takeing him to an na meeting without telling him where your going then trying to convince him to go back and give it a shotbut if hes beenm messing with heroin too long ..methadone might be the safest way to go..it sucks its also very addictive and stuff but the withdrawls safger withdrawl from heroin cold turket can be pretty ugly at best downright dangerrouse at worse..you might want to call a drug councelor yourself and get advice..ive helped ppl quite drugs before so if u want i can try talking to him tooone thing u should understand he probably feels its hopeless to try to change..ive seen junkies shoot up bleach and turn blue screamming in agony after smelling it saying it smelled like bleach then deciding to try anyway...just in case it did the trick.. when your dope sick you will do absolutely anythinmg to end that sicknessyou got to offer an alternative..like methodone clinicgood luck(im moving this to life issues tho)\

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
maybe show him harsh reality too what was that cable show something like strung out love i dunno only saw 1 lil bit of it once but it follows around junky couples as they rip off people get beatten give blowjobs (both the guy and girl) wharever it takes to get a hit then shootup using water ouy of a gas station bathroom..toilet.. if he was aware of how bad things can really get if he keeps it up i hope hed choose to want better but the sickness tells them nothings better then that next fix and its worth doing anything to get it..i think showing harsh reality temjpered with compassion and understandings the only way to get through to him..

--
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Just wanted to say I'm sorry that you and your family are faced with this illness.Love and light your way.
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
My thoughts are with you. My best friend for almost 30 years died of a Heroine overdose. I helped her bury her three year old daughter and then watched her slowly kill herself over the next 15 years. It was the most heartbreaking experience of my life. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about her and wonder if I did enough to try to help her. Get him help - no matter what you have to do. Some people would probably not agree with this, but I would get the law involved if necessary. Do all you can and don't worry about what your parents or your brother think. His life is at stake. Some day he may be grateful. Good Luck.
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the kind words and information. Last night I had my own intervention with my parents to get them to see that he has a serious problem and that they need to stop sitting there letting it happen hoping it will just get better and do something! We are going to try and get something together this weekend with the family we have here. I had been talking to them (my aunt, uncle(my dad's oldest brother) and one of their son's and his wife) for the past week about it "behind my parents back" My mother would have rather I not got the family involved but over the past two years look where it has gotten us and we could have stopped this sooner. I finally had enough of watching my parents sit around feeling sorry for themselves because they are 50 and their life isnt' the way they had planned due to the economy. So I talked to the support I have nearby and took a stand against my whole family's destructive behavior.** I in a way have all of you to thank. The positive vibes and peaceful nature that is so prominant on here has helped me live a more positive mindset life.We are going to get together and discuss the problem of how to get rid of my brothers girlfriend. She is the one thing that will derail all our attempts and getting him the help he needs because he will not leave if she is still around. Her mother isn't going to get her help so we need to figure out how to convince her to get her own help but we can't do it for her. She has been living at my parents house for about 2 years just doing drugs and sleeping and making a disgusting mess in my brothers room with her fast food and candy( among the drugs) habits. My dad hasn't kicked her ass out because he is scared Ben will follow. He is right. If she is gone he will always be gone to see her and eventually never come back. I guess they like it because he is at least close by when he is holed up in his room with her. I am suggesting we send him somewhere out of state because anywhere locally will be too easy for him to fall back into the old habits and his so called friends will be assholes and make him feel stupid for going to rehab. If we have to I think we should get the police involved and say either you go get help or we will have you arrested. And to his girlfriend either you get out now, go get help or the cops will be here in 10mins to deal with you as neccessary. Maybe scaring them will do the trick...It's been one emotional week and an even longer weekend.Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart and peace and love to each and everyone one of you!Izzy
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
you can maybe even request the police come try to talk to him too to them, and be on hand in case an arresst and forced rehabs needed but at least the police will have dealt with heroin addicts before and can tell them what kinda life theyre facing if they dont stop, offer a way out and reinforce the idea of its either this or jail..(or forced rehab)

--
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Let us know how things turn out!!! :)
Lindsay3
@lindsay3
14 years ago
32 posts
No advice on the drugs...seems like you have really got a lot of support for your brother. I hope this turns out well and he gets on the right path soon :) But I would make sure you have a formal letter written (maybe even notarized) as an "eviction notice" to his girlfriend. In our state you have to give them at least 30 days but until one is issued and since she has been living there law enforcement may not be able to just "kick her out" for you. Although if you mention the drugs they would probably take care of that problem :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form