Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

washing hair with only water?!?

JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
I read somewheres that in the spirit of true neglect rasta's wash their hair with only water. No shampoo soap oil or anything. Has anyone else heard of this n how effective or damaging could it be to one's hair?
updated by @jahwillprovide: 08/19/21 09:19:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ive heard of people doing it not specificly rastas i know alot of rastas use ackee or aloe to wash just straight from a plantthe few ppl that ive talked to who did it swore by it but they were kinda..questionable people to say the least..lolits worth a try but i just know i could never do itive also talked to people who wash only once a year ?(worlds longest dread guy i think does that)i just cant imagine ever doing that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
I used to only wash my hair with water and to be honest if you never sweat and never go anywhere with cigarettes or greasy food your hair won't smell. Naturally your hair does not smell much, it just picks up all the smells that are around it. I still only wash it with soap when it smells funny, and thats only after I go to the club or things like that. I don/t think it would actually hurt your hair at all though.I think dreads may cling to smells more effectively then straight hair too. I wash my dreads more then I washed my hair before dreads.
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
i've also heard bout washing your hair with oranges????How do yall feel about this?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
orange oil can be used to remove waxdunno what else good it does

--
oshinn
@oshinn
14 years ago
21 posts
i've heard of this too, but i could never do it. my head produces so much oil that after a day or two my hair looks limp and greasy. i've tried bathing without soap, etc. and it doesn't remove odors. i wash every 2-3 days with dr. bronners or baking soda water.
Jonatan
@jonatan
14 years ago
1 posts
When you start with dreads neglect way do you need to be extra careful when you wash your hair? How do you do it with baking soda? Do you just soak them or what? Thankful for some info :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
have to no but it helpsand yea u mix it pour it on let it soak10 minthen rinse wellthen u can do a vinagar rinse Jonatan said:
When you start with dreads neglect way do you need to be extra careful when you wash your hair? How do you do it with baking soda? Do you just soak them or what? Thankful for some info :)

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I wash with water only a lot. But then again I wash with baking soda/ACV once or twice a week. Sometimes even three times.
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
ive only ever washed with water, and sea water its done me for 8/910 yrs however long ive been dreading for. never noticed a bad smell never been told they smell. maybe i jusat keep good company? the only time i notice a slightly strange smell is when they are in the process of drying other than that it all seems good.
updated by @benjah: 07/13/15 12:10:05PM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form