Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

3 weeks..white dots ?

Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
Hey guys..I did twist and rip 3 weeks ago and today, for the first time, I noticed little tiny white specs in my dreads..It looks as though maybe I just didn't wash my shampoo out but the last time I washed my hair was monday and I have rinsed my hair everyday since then. So I don't think its the shampoo..I use dr. b's by the way..the teatree kind. I really don't know what else it could be. Any advice or ideas? Thanks :)
updated by @alicia: 01/13/15 08:34:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if u were agressive it could be hair roots if u were rough enough to pull some out? it could be dandruf flakes? its hard to guess if u can do a macro closeup pic will helpbut id imagine its 1 of those 2 thingsor could be wool fibres from a pillow or hat or anything

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Could be lint, I'm always picking little white/colored things out of my daughters hair.
Andrew Harder
@andrew-harder
14 years ago
33 posts
i think dandruff sounds like the most likely culprit at three weeks. i noticed that with my head the first month or two. maybe thats why people complain of feeling so itchy at first as well. i guess your scalp is getting used to the change as well? see if it goes away with time and washing.clothing fuzz too! i noticed a green piece on a dread in the mirror and didnt take the time to pick it out (i could see it well enough to know it was a fiber)... well i noticed it was still hanging on a day or two later! listen to SE, he's got some good advice from "extensive R&D" (i.e. he's had dreads for a long time lol)
Ivan
@ivan
14 years ago
88 posts
pull one out, it's probably a hair root. i get em after washes too and they seem to go away after they dry.
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Well you guys covered it all lol. I was reading this thinking "lint, dandruff, or skin tags" lol thats why I love this site :)
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
Yea..I considered all of these things but it really doesn't look like lint..it's more like tiny bits of residue..maybe dandruff but isn't dandruff really just at the top of your head? This stuff is at the ends of the dreads. And inside..although I am trying not to inspect too much because I don't want to undo any of the knots. I am thinking maybe SE is right and it could be the roots of broken hairs but I didn't think I was rough with my hair at all..and wouldn't I have noticed the spots before now? Who knows! Haha..thanks for all of the ideas though :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
close detailed pic would helpnext wash just try rinsing extra well and see if it helps Alicia said:
Yea..I considered all of these things but it really doesn't look like lint..it's more like tiny bits of residue..maybe dandruff but isn't dandruff really just at the top of your head? This stuff is at the ends of the dreads. And inside..although I am trying not to inspect too much because I don't want to undo any of the knots. I am thinking maybe SE is right and it could be the roots of broken hairs but I didn't think I was rough with my hair at all..and wouldn't I have noticed the spots before now? Who knows! Haha..thanks for all of the ideas though :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Yeah but you shed over 100 hairs a day, they dont end up on your shirt when you have dreads, they stay within. Thats possibly just where those landed. I remember mine were starting to do things like that right around 3-5 weeks after backcombing.
Traelon
@traelon
14 years ago
29 posts
Im pretty sure they are the roots of hair, I have those and i'm quite certain that's what it is =]
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form