Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Curly hair = Dreads?

Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
Hi there. Well sadly I do not have a full of locs yet but I'm working my way there. I have decided that once my hair grows out two or three more inches I will most likely start my dreads with some light backcombing and then let nature run it's course. I'm not as patient as I should be and that is why I have chosen to backcomb. Although, with that said I have noticed that some of my chunks of my curly hair are becoming much tighter. By this I mean that they are starting to look like small "churros" , lol sorry that's the best thing I can describe them. Anyways I was wondering if maybe this is how natural dreads begin to take form, or maybe I'm getting a little too excited over a false alarm. Oh and btw I have 5 inches of thick curly hair if anyone was wondering. Thanks for your advice and suggestions, and have a happy nappy dread-day! (Which is pretty much everyday for the majority of people lol)
updated by @albert: 01/13/15 08:34:24PM
Orange Clock
@orange-clock
14 years ago
72 posts
Can we have a photo please?I dont think you need that much patience with you hair type and the length. Maybe you should leave your hair to dread naturally it wont take that long. Backcombing isn't actually going to make dreadlocks your hair does that bit for itself.
Albert
@albert
14 years ago
25 posts
Oh wow I feel stupid lol yea I'll get one up soon, sorry about that.

Orange Clock said:
Can we have a photo please? I dont think you need that much patience with you hair type and the length. Maybe you should leave your hair to dread naturally it wont take that long. Backcombing isn't actually going to make dreadlocks your hair does that bit for itself.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea backcombings dumbjust go natural its trying to dread already backcombings not gonna speed it up at allbut if u go natural and its too slow for ya twist and rip not backcomb

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Just because you affirm that you don't have patience now doesn't mean you shouldn't change that aspect of yourself and what a great lesson to learn with an awesome reward in the end! Beautiful natural locks.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Regardless of how you start, you have to be patient with yourself because mature dreadlocks only form with time, keeping your hair clean, and maybe pulling sections apart.With that said. if you are willing to take a challenge.I dare you to continue to allow your dreadlocks form in the manner that they already are and use the time to develop your level of patience beyond what it is.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha now ya done it ya dared him..lolbut ya hes right its already dreading naturaly stop fighting itand besides how much patience does it really take to just stop trying? to live youir life? instead of concentrating on your hair concentrate on enjoying life more dont even think about your hair a good while and you'll be amazed how quickly it really dreads..and just how much moree u enjoy livingit takes no patience when your not in a hurry..or even really trying GoldenEagle said:
Regardless of how you start, you have to be patient with yourself because mature dreadlocks only form with time, keeping your hair clean, and maybe pulling sections apart.

With that said. if you are willing to take a challenge.

I dare you to continue to allow your dreadlocks form in the manner that they already are and use the time to develop your level of patience beyond what it is.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I have to totally agree! I didn't have much patience to start out with either. I t&r'd my dreads, and then picked up a number of what I call 'patience hobbies'. Things like crocheting a blanket, or making peyote stitches.. just anything that I could to keep my mind off of my dreads and re-instill that I have to be patient. Sister Rags said:
Island Mamma said:
Just because you affirm that you don't have patience now doesn't mean you shouldn't change that aspect of yourself and what a great lesson to learn with an awesome reward in the end! Beautiful natural locks.

Yes, yes, YES!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form